Call for Nominations
This new TSL dissertation prize focusses on transportation and logistics in emerging economies and is sponsored by Commodity Repository Limited (India), CCRL. The award is accompanied by a $500 honorarium for the winner. In addition, the winner and the recipient of an honorable mention (if any) each receives an 8x10 plaque announcing the award.
The following criteria will be used in judging candidate dissertations:
- Practical importance and applicability in solving transportation or logistics problems of emerging economies.
- Nominations are welcome from colleagues affiliated with academic institutions located in emerging economies, classified by the World Bank as lower income or lower middle income countries, see list of countries.
To make this new prize happen this year already, the 2018 TSL dissertation prize committee is handling the emerging economy prize in addition to the well-established TSL dissertation prize. Both prizes are considered separately by the committee.
Eligible doctoral dissertations are those completed and submitted between June 1, 2017 and May 31, 2018 in the general area of transportation science and logistics. Nominations can be filed either for the emerging economy prize or for the TSL dissertation prize.
To be considered, a dissertation must be nominated by the thesis supervisor, who should submit the following items, all electronically in Adobe PDF format with the shown filenames:
- An electronic copy of the letter of nomination from the dissertation supervisor supporting the submission and stating his/her assessment of why the thesis is worthy of the award (candidate name-EENL.pdf),
- An electronic abstract of 300 words without formulas or mathematical notation (candidate name-EESA.pdf),
- An electronic copy of the extended abstract (3-5 pages), separate from the thesis (candidate name-EEEA.pdf), and
- An electronic copy of the dissertation (candidate name-EED.pdf)
The above documents should be submitted online using this URL. A password can be set optionally if additional documents are to be uploaded in subsequent steps.
Once you have completed your submission, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the name of the candidate. The deadline for receipt of submissions is June 30, 2018. The recommendations of the judges will be announced at the 2018 INFORMS Annual Meeting during the TSL Society business meeting.
Dirk C. Mattfeld
Business Information Systems Eng.
Technische Universität Braunschweig
Dept. of Computer Science and Operations Research
Université de Montreal
Corporate Strategic Research
ExxonMobil Research and Engineering Company
Annandale, New Jersey
Department of Industrial Engineering