Submission Deadline: June 1, 2021
The TSL Best Paper Award
is given once a year to an outstanding paper in the field of transportation science and logistics.
The paper must have been published in a refereed journal
and must present innovative approaches for solving complex problems in transportation and/or logistics, with an emphasis on operations research and quantitative methods.
Any author must submit only one
of his/her eligible papers. In addition, no individual may be a co-author on more than two papers submitted to the competition. A paper is eligible for the competition if
All topics related to the field of transportation science and logistics will be considered,
- its main topic is related to the field of transportation science and logistics;
- it is written in English; and
- it has been published, or appears in pre-print form online through the publishing agency, between June 1, 2018 and May 31, 2021. In the case of papers that are only available in pre-print form online at the time of consideration, the online publication date must be easily verifiable.
including, but not being limited to:
- airline operations;
- facility logistics;
- maritime logistics;
- intelligent transportation systems;
- urban transportation planning methods;
- vehicle routing.
The submitting author must email the paper, along with a short letter (maximum one page) to email@example.com
, on or before June 1, 2021. Use the subject line: TSL Best Paper Award Submission - [submitting author last name]. In the letter, the submitting author must state that the paper satisfies the eligibility requirements for the competition, indicating specifically the journal and date of publication (or online publication in the case of a pre-print); the letter should also indicate which TSL Special Interest Group (sIG) best fits the paper's topic see list of SIGs at connect.informs.org/tsl/tslresources/sigs
The winning paper will be announced at the TSL business meeting to be held during the 2021 INFORMS Annual Meeting in October. The authors of the winning paper will share a prize of $800,
and each will receive a certificate.
2021 TSL Best Paper Committee
, PUC ChileChanghyun Kwon
, USFIvana Ljubic
, ESSEC Business SchoolAlejandro Toriello
, Georgia Tech (chair)Vikrant Vaze
, Dartmouth College