The Transportation and Logistics Society (TSL) is a subdivision of INFORMS. You can join TSL by joining INFORMS and checking TSL as your subdivision of choice. More details on how to become a member of INFORMS (for new members) or how to join the TSL Society (for existing members) can be found here.
One of the core benefits of an INFORMS/TSL membership is the access to mailing lists that distribute international information on opportunities in the field of transportation and logistics research. We maintain two mailing lists:
TSL supports member-to-member communication through INFORMS Connect. If you are an INFORMS/TSL member, to post a message to this list, you can do the following:
- Go to http://connect.informs.org/home
- Click on the ‘Sign In’ button at the top right and log in with your INFORMS username and password
- Click on ‘Communities’ on the blue bar at the top, then ‘My Communities’
- Click on ‘Transportation Science and Logistics Society’, which should appear on this page
- Now you are on the main community page for this section. From here, you can go into the Discussion area to post messages, share documents in the Library area, etc.
- To post a new message, click on the 'Post a Message’ button in the discussion box, or click on the Discussion tab, then the ‘Post to this Discussion' button.
TSL also understands the need to facilitate communication between all parties interested in transportation science and logistics topics. We currently support that communication through our LinkedIn group, which can be accessed here: TSL LinkedIn group. Note you will need to join this group. Everybody can follow us on Twitter.
There is also a Google group to which messages can be posted by non-TSL members. To post, simply send an email to <email@example.com>. To become a member, you need to create a Gmail account and register by going to https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tsl-society. If you do not have a Gmail account, please contact Maciek Nowak (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will add you to the mailing list.
Special Interest Groups
TSL is organized by a number of special interest groups (SIGS) to promote activities within major areas of application of transportation research. Below are brief descriptions of the SIGs and the current chair. Please feel free to contact them for additional information. Each SIG has its own email list. Anyone may join any of the SIGS. Find more details for our SIGS here.
TSL maintains open discussion forums on Linkedin and presents recent news on Twitter.