ISMS 2020 Doctoral Awards
Click here for a list of past winners.
ISMS 2020 Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Competition
The INFORMS Society for Marketing Science (ISMS) is pleased to announce its ISMS 2020 Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Competition. This dissertation proposal competition is held annually and recognizes the best doctoral dissertation proposals on important topics in marketing science.
The dissertation proposals will be reviewed and the winners will be selected by the members of a committee consisting of Professors Sanjay Jain (chair), Bruce Norris, Hema Yoganarasimhan, Giorgos Zervas,
Application Eligibility Criteria
Any student member of ISMS is eligible to participate in this competition, provided that:
- The candidate or his/her advisor/chair has been a dues paying member of ISMS for at least two years (including the current year).
- The candidate is registered at an accredited university to receive the degree of PhD in business or marketing.
- The candidate’s advisor/chair certifies that the proposal for the dissertation has been approved by the candidate’s committee, school or university by August 31, 2020.
- The candidate’s advisor/chair certifies that the dissertation will not be completed by December 31st of 2020.
- The dissertation has not already won an ISMS dissertation grant in prior years.
One to five awards of $5000 will be awarded to the best proposal(s) based on the ISMS budget and the number of submissions each year.
Only submission materials submitted by this form no later than August 31, 2020, will be considered. (https://forms.gle/FmipCi2hXmredXHr8)
Evaluation Criteria: The committee will use the following criteria to judge the proposals:
1. Problem importance
2. Likely theoretical contribution, and/or advance in marketing science
3. Likely contribution to marketing practice
4. Appropriateness of methodology/research design
The winner(s) are expected to be announced by December 15, 2020.
Responsibility of Award Recipients
Award recipients will present their research at a special session to be organized as part of the 2021 Marketing Science conference.