Given the current prevalence of widely available online talks, events, and seminars, we have compiled the following list of links that are likely of interest to APS members.
First, there are several events at the upcoming virtual Informs Annual Meeting that are organized and sponsored by APS.
On Sunday, November 8:
- APS Student Paper Competition Finalist Presentations, 1:15 - 2:30 pm (Eastern), featuring:
On Monday, November 9:
- Markov Lecture, 11:30 - 1:00 pm (Eastern), given by Sem Borst and with Neil Walton as discussant, available at this link.
- Stochastic Simulation (APS Tutorial), 2:00 - 3:15 pm (Eastern), presented by Henry Lam.
On Tuesday November 10:
- APS Business Meeting, 11:45 am - 1:00 pm (Eastern).
- Matching Markets (APS Tutorial), 2:00 - 3:15 pm (Eastern), presented by Itai Ashlagi.
- Philip McCord Morse Lecture (INFORMS Keynote), 3:30 - 4:30 pm (Eastern), presented by Peter Glynn. While this is not an official APS event, this keynote lecture entitled "Statistic, Stochastics, and Service Operations" is likely of interest to APS members.
On Thursday, November 12:
- Network Optimization at Amazon (APS Tutorial), 2:00 - 3:15 pm (Eastern), presented by Amitabh Sinha.
The full list of APS track sessions is available at this link.
Outside of Informs, there are also several online organized talk series that are relevant for APS members. These include:
- Stochastic Networks, Applied Probability, and Performance (SNAPP) Seminar, Monday's, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm (Eastern), available at this link.
- Control Meets Learning Seminar, Wednesday's, 12:00 - 1:00 pm (Eastern), available at this link.
If you would like to add a seminar series to the preceding list, please contact the APS webmaster.