The Manufacturing & Service Operations Management (M&SOM) Service Management SIG (Special Interest Group) invites nominations for the best published paper(s) on service management.
Nominations for this award will be accepted until midnight EST Sunday, October 9, 2022. Nominations should meet the following criteria:
- The nominated publication should be on service management;
- It must have been published (not as "articles in advance'') after January 1, 2019;
- It must have been written in the English language; and
- It must have been published in the open literature.
Nominations should be mailed to Laurens Debo (Laurens.G.Debo@tuck.dartmouth.edu). Self-nominations are accepted. Each nomination should contain the following:
- Name, affiliation and email address of the nominator(s).
- Bibliographic reference of the nominated paper, and a PDF file with the paper.
- Statement of support for the nomination – the nominator(s) should discuss the significance of the paper's current and future contribution to the theory and practice of service management and deserving a Service Management best paper award. A typical nomination is on the order of 1 page.
The Awards Committee will use the following criteria in judging:
- The extent to which the contribution advances the state of the art of Service Management research.
- The originality of the ideas or methods.
- The new areas of application it opens.
- The degree to which existing theory or method is unified or simplified.
- The clarity and excellence of the exposition.
- The degree to which the contribution will contribute to future applications, or otherwise improve professional practice.
Using the above criteria the committee will run a process to select the winner of the award.
The award will be presented at the M&SOM Business Meeting at the 2022 INFORMS Annual Meeting. The authors of the Best Paper will receive a $500 cash award and a commemorative plaque or certificate.