In this Issue:
Message from the Section Chair
I hope this message finds you safe and well during this incredibly challenging time!
It is sad to see that our summer conferences are all canceled. But our section’s award nomination and selection processes are still running. Please find attached a list of call for nominations/submissions. As INFORMS is on for sure, we will announce the winners during the INFORMS online or offline.
Stay healthy and well!
Rotman School of Management
University of Toronto
[Return to Top]
[Return to Top]
2020 INFORMS Annual Meeting
Upcoming RMP Awards
2020 INFORMS RMP Section Prize
- The INFORMS Revenue Management and Pricing (RMP) Section Prize is awarded for the best contribution to the science of pricing and revenue management published in English. The award includes a plaque and a cash prize. The total cash prize is $1000 that is shared equally among the winners. The award is given each year at the INFORMS Annual Meeting if there is a suitable recipient.
- Committee: Victor Araman (AUB), Itai Ashlagi (Stanford), Ilan Lobel (Chair, NYU), Gustavo Vulcano (UTDT)
- Nominations should be sent to email@example.com by July 1, 2020.
- More information can be found at: http://connect.informs.org/rmp/awards/section-award
2020 INFORMS RMP Section Student Paper Prize
- The INFORMS Revenue Management and Pricing (RMP) Section announces the 2020 Student Paper Prize. The awards are given annually for student papers judged to be the best in the field of revenue management and pricing. The first prize is accompanied by a $500 honorarium. The second prize is accompanied by a $300 honorarium. All other finalists, if any, will be awarded $100. The number of finalists will depend on the number of entries. All prizes including finalists are accompanied by a plaque in addition to the cash award.
- Committee: Ali Aouad (LBS), Santiago Balseiro (Columbia), Kostas Bimpikis (Chair, Stanford), Ozan Candogan (Chicago), Srikanth Jagabathula (NYU), Ken Moon (Wharton), Joline Uichanco (Michigan)
- Entries should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 14, 2020.
- More information can be found at: https://connect.informs.org/rmp/awards/student-award
2020 RMP Data-Driven Research Challenge
- The INFORMS Revenue Management and Pricing (RMP) Section and NetEase Cloud Music are partnering to offer RMP members access to NetEase Cloud Music App's impression-level data to encourage data-driven research on innovative marketplaces. In this competition, researchers will compete by building data-driven models using real data to address either some of the suggested questions below or questions of their own interest.
- More information can be found at: https://connect.informs.org/rmp/awards/data-competition
Detailed instructions for how to join as a free student member: [PDF file download]
Call for Nomination of Section Officers
The INFORMS Revenue Management and Pricing (RMP) Section seeks nominations (including self-nominations) for Vice Chair/Chair Elect, Secretary/Treasurer, and a board position for the section.
- The Vice Chair/Chair Elect will serve three years: one as Vice Chair, one as Chair, and one as a board member.
- The Secretary/Treasurer will serve a one-year term.
- The Board Member will serve a two-year term.
Duties will commence at the 2020 INFORMS Annual Meeting, and the elected individuals must be members of INFORMS and the RMP Section at that time.
Please submit nominations no later than July 15, 2020 to Ming Hu at email@example.com.
RMP Section – How to Join
To become a member of the Revenue Management and Pricing Section, it is the easiest (but not necessary) just to add it to the regular INFORMS membership. Those who’d rather focus exclusively on the Section’s activities can become members only of the Section by calling 1-800-446-3676. For more information click here
Benefits of Membership
As a member of the Section, you will receive benefits such as our newsletter, registration fee discount to annual section conference, 50% off the subscription rate to the Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, and listserver announcements. For more information click here
.[Return to Top]