Given the success of past I-Sim Research Workshops, we would like to continue the tradition and hold a workshop in the summer of 2019. We are soliciting proposals from potential organizers (i.e., chairs and co-chairs).
If you are interested in organizing the 2019 I-Sim Research Workshop, please send Prof. John Shortle, I-Sim President, a brief proposal at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2018. The proposal should be at most two pages, and briefly describe the following items:
(1) Proposed organizers (chair and co-chairs).
(2) Research theme and high level description of technical program structure (e.g., rough composition of plenary speakers, posters, invited / contributed papers, etc.)
(3) Proposed venue.
(4) Potential sources of local administrative and financial support.
(5) A short list of local academic departments and industrial groups who are active in the proposed research / application areas.
(6) Any other factors that would help ensure the success of the workshop.
(7) Suggested dates (may be approximate). With respect to dates, the goal is to avoid, as much as possible, conflicts with other INFORMS-sponsored conferences and with other major conferences in the areas of simulation and applied probability.
Please feel free to contact Prof. John Shortle if you have any questions.
2007 Simulation Workshop
2009 Simulation Workshop
2011 Simulation Workshop
2015 Simulation Workshop
2017 Simulation Workshop