2021 Virtual Roundtable Meetings
- July 15, 2021 - "Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) Program
- Speakers - Allen Butler (INFORMS VP of Practice), Taryn Lewis (INFORMS Director of Education and Industry Programs)
- May 12, 2021 (Spring Meeting) - "Thinking Ahead Towards Automation and Its Impacts on People"
- Meeting Owner: Marty Schlenker, BNSF
- Agenda / Speakers -
- Kate Darling, MIT
- Marty Schlenker, BNSF
- Matt Wicks, Director of Robotics, Celestica
- Randy MacGuffee, United Way of Tarrant County
- Speaker - Anne Robinson, Chief Strategy Officer, Kinaxis
- Abstract: Supply chain planning can be challenging under the best of circumstances and even more difficult during disruptions. One of the keys to navigating such challenges is effectively leveraging a balance of analytics and human intuition for agile response. Agility is essential to absorb the volatility we cannot predict. Disruptions cause huge volatility, so we will discuss challenges and best practices observed during the current pandemic and the importance of analytics and agility in ensuring continued supply chain success.
2020 Virtual Roundtable Meetings
- December 16, 2020 - "Reflection on 2020"
- October 22,2020 - "Roundtable Companies" (Agenda)
- BASF - Alex Marvin
- P&G - Gary Kinney
- August 13, 2020 - "Operations Research and Analytics at UPS" - Ranganath Nuggehalli
Abstract: UPS, the first transportation company to embrace Operations Research, has been an ardent practitioner since 1950s. Operations Research and Analytics has been instrumental in transforming this 113 years old company, from a messenger company to the world’s largest logistics company today. In this presentation, Ranganath Nuggehalli, who has been at UPS for 30 years will discuss the evolution of Operations Research at UPS, and also the current organizational structure and some of the Operations Research and Analytics projects.
- June 11, 2020 - "The impact of COVID-19 on member companies and our individual teams"