October 2009, San Diego, CA
- Tom Vanderbilt, Author of "Traffic: Why We Drive the Way We Do (and What It Says About Us)"
- Jeff Winters: "From the lab to the road, deploying OR"
- Cynthia Barnhart: "Using OR to improve airline schedule reliability"
- Doug Smith: "Blending Optimization and Simulation for Analysis of an Inland Waterway Transportation System"
- Karl Kempf: "The Cultural Story behind winning the INFORMS Prize"
- Marc Mandler: "The Systems Approach to Transportation Safety: Moving from Safety Compliance to Safety Management"
- James E. Moore: "Economic Impact Models for freight Transportation"
April 2009, Phoenix, AZ
Theme: Roundtable Companies
- Karl Kempf: "Frontiers of Decision Making at Intel Corporation"
- Arnie Greenland: "How IBM Runs on Business Analytics and Optimization"
- Mike Cramer: "McDonald's Innovation - The Emerging Role of Operations
- Marlize Meyer: "A Sasol OR perspective"
- Srinivas Bollapragada: " Improving Operations at General Electric Company"
- Raj Nigam and Russ Labe: "Structuring and Sustaining Excellence in
Management Science at Merrill Lynch
February 2009, San Antonio, TX
Theme: Strategic Planning
- Rear Admiral Scott R. Van Buskirk, USN: "Senior Leadership’s Role in Strategy Development"
- Glenn W. Wegryn: "Influence of OR Practices to Drive Corporate Strategic Choices at Procter & Gamble"
- Gerald G. Brown: "Optimization Tradecraft: Hard-Won Insight from Real-World Decision Support"
- Jeffrey Karrenbauer: "Frontiers in Strategic Supply Chain Design"
- Louis Anthony Cox, Jr.: "Risk Management Priority Rankings Are Ineffective: A Call for Change"
- Gerald G. Brown: "Department of Homeland Security: Bioterrorism Risk Assessment: A Call for Change"
October 2008, Washington, DC
Theme: OR in Policy Analysis
- Bruce D. Collins: "Keynote Address"
- Norm Fujisaki: "Impact of Dynamics on Policy Decisions"
- Dan Michael Berkovitz: "The Foundations of Federal Regulation of Energy Markets: Facts or Fiction?"
- Rear Admiral David A. Gove, USN: "Naval Oceanography - Analysis to Capability"
- Sherry J. Gillespie: "Policy, Politics and Procedure"
April 2008, Baltimore, MD
Theme: Roundtable Companies
- Pete Buczkowski: "Engineering the Magic at Disney"
- Kathy Lange: "Data Driven Insight for Better Decision Making with SAS Analytics"
- Robert Benson: "Leveraging OR/MS Within a Supply Chain Management Consulting Firm"
- Milton F. Pope: "Use of Analytics and Operations Research at the Aerospace Corporation"
- Gertjan de Lange: "OR/MS at Paragon Decision Technology"
February 2008, New Orleans, LA
Theme: Managing an Operations Research Practice
- Outing: Gray Line Katrina Tour
- Dr. Elizabeth Haas Edersheim: "Peter Drucker's Advice for Managers of Operations Research Groups"
- Admiral Kirkland H. Donald, USN, Director, Naval Nuclear Propulsion Training and Managing Technical Personnel
- Dr. Andris A. Zoltners, Professor of Marketing, Northwestern Kellogg School of Management and Founder and Co-Chairman ZS Associates: "Selling Operations Research Products"
- William C. Stone, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer, SS&C Technologies, Inc.: "Managing Growth & Transition"
- Dr. Don N. Kleinmuntz, Co-Founder, Strata Decision Technology, LLC: "Roundtable Member Company Presentation: Strata Decision Technology, LLC"
November 2007, Seattle, WA
Theme: Simulation, Optimization, Visualization
- Permutations of Simulation, Optimization & Visualization
- Roundtable Overview
- New Applications and Innovations in Simulation Optimization
- Visualization Inside Optimization and Simulation Applications
- 25 Year Anniversary Trivia
- Meeting with the INFORMS Board
- Simulation Modeling Using AnyLogic
- Combining Simulation/Visualization/Optimization in an Automotive Manufacturing
- Environment at Ford
- Roundtable Business
April 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Theme: Military OR and Relevance to History
- History of Military OR, Dr. Phil DePoy, Center for Naval Analyses
- Application of Quantitative and Qualitative OR/MS Tools and Techniques to
Address Contemporary DoD Challenges in (1) Portfolio Management and (2)
Measuring Effect of Net - Centricity on Mission Outcome, Michael Lavine, MITRE
- Roundtable Strategic Planning Team Update, Glenn Wegryn, Proctor & Gamble
- Lean Enterprise and Six Sigma in Military Logistics, Darrell Gooden, Port
Hueneme Division Naval Surface Warfare Center
- Readiness Based Sparing - A Retrospective, T.J. O'Malley, LMI Government
- Presidential Issues: A Discussion with INFORMS President-Elect Cynthia
Barnhart - Roundtable Feedback on What is Lacking in Masters/PhD Programs
- Nightcap Dessert Reception
February 2007, Tampa, FL
Theme: Human in the Loop
- Roundtable Strategic Planning Team Discussion
- Predictive Markets, Problem Solving, and the Wisdom of Crowds
- Playing Games for Better Business Using Market Mechanisms to Improve Forecasting
- Applications and Thoughts About Behavioral Economics in Schneider National
- Beyond the Efficient Frontier: A Novel Wealth Allocation Framework for Individual
- The Ford Prediction Exchange
- Panel Discussion: What Would I have to Do To Make These Available in My
Company? What Internal Expertise Do I Need? Can I Hire Someone To Do It? Is
- INFORMS Professional Colloquium Activity
- Roundtable Strategic Planning Team Direction Wrap-Up
- 2006 Roundtable Pulse Taking Summary
November 2006, Pittsburgh, PA
- Sustainable Development and OR Modeling
- Where do we go in Practice
- Recent Sustainable Business Experience
- Driving Sustainability Through Optimizaing Re-Use at Cisco
- P&G Efforts in Sustainable Development
- Some Thoughts About Sustainable Mobility From an OR Perspective
- Applications of OR/MS in recycling and product take-back at Hewlett Packard: Similarities and key differences with traditional supply chain problems
- Group Activity: Opportunities for Profitable Sustainability in Roundtable Companies
- Roundtable Strategic Planning Team Discussion of Vision, Mission and Strategic Goals
- Roundtable Dues Proposal Discussion
- Update on INFORMS Professional Colloquium
- Meeting with the INFORMS Board
April 2006, Miami, FL
Theme: Project Management
- Enhancing Project Delivery Capabilities through Project Analysis
- Integrated Cost - Schedule Risk Analysis using Monte Carlo Simulations
- Critical Chain Project Management
- Delivering Results: Operations Research at Air Products
- Presidential Issues: A Discussion with the President-Elect Brenda Dietrich - "OR" Deployment Best Practices
February 2006, Marina del Rey, CA
- Eta™ Analysis: Forecasting and Quantitative Analysis for Investment Banking and Hedge Funds
- EconomicInvestor’s Eta® Analysis
- Exploring the Intersection of Large Scale Forecasting, Time Series Mining and
- Forecasting Without Looking in the Rearview Mirror (OR Forecasting in Markets
Where There is Insufficient (Relevant) Historical Data)
- Forecasting and Network Balance in Full-Truckload Transportation Networks
- OR Applications at Hewlett-Packard
- Follow-up to the San Francisco Roundtable/INFORMS Board Meeting
November 2005, San Francisco, CA
Theme: Pricing and Revenue Management
- Revenue Management in the Airline Industry: From Gumball Dispensers to Rocket Science
- Revenue Management Tutorial, The Theory and Practice of Revenue Management
- Effective Pricing Analysis & Design Methods for Manufacturers and Distributors to Create Optimal Price Guidelines
- Revenue Management in the Broadcast Television Industry, Srinivas Bollapragada, GE
- Pricing in the Less-Than-Truckload Transportation Industry
Meeting with the INFORMS Board: The Roundtable’s Role in INFORMS
April 2005, Palm Springs, CA
Theme: Structured Networking
- OR at Procter & Gamble
- OR at Jeppesen Sanderson
- Structured Networking: Topic 1 – Methods of Bringing OR Theory to Application
- Structured Networking: Topic 2 – Why Are “Good” Projects Not Funded?
- Presidential Issues: A Discussion with the President-Elect Mark Daskin -
- Roundtable Meeting Schedule
February 2005, Amelia Island, FL
Theme: Data Mining
- Introduction to Data Mining Concepts and Methods
- Applications of Text Data Mining
- Data Mining Methodologies and Trends
- Overview of the Roundtable Website
- Data Mining Mistakes - and How to Avoid them
- Data Mining Applications in Marketing
- Data Mining in a Transaction World
- Roundtable Discussion about Data Mining
October 2004, Denver, CO
Theme: Risk Analysis and Management
- Lockheed Martin Facility Tour - "Shuttle Return to Flight Activities"
- Presentation of Outcomes of the Columbia Accident Investigation Board by Board Member Sheila Widnall
- How to Remove Subjectivity from Risk Assessments
- The Role of Precursors in Forestalling Accidents
- Risk Management and Decision Theory
- OR Work at Member Company Applied Mathematics
- Roundtable Member Pulse-taking Learnings and Feedback
- Meeting with the INFORMS Board: Meeting the Needs of OR Masters Level Professionals
April 2004, Cambridge, MA
Theme: OR and Six Sigma
- Presidential Issues: A Discussion with the President-Elect Richard C. Larson-Strategic Efforts to Get More Non-PhD's to Join INFORMS
- Six Sigma and OR at Boeing
- Six Sigma and OR at Ford
February 2004, Orlando, FL
Theme: OR in the Service Industry
- Mission: SPACE
- Importance of IE & OR at Walt Disney World
- Transportation Modeling at Walt Disney World
- Mission Space Simulation Modeling
- The Birth of FASTPASS
- Why OR Systems Fail, UPS
October 2003, Atlanta, GA
Theme: OR and the Roundtable Community
- How Do You Re-Launch a Profession?
- OR at Weyerhaeuser
- OR at Boeing
- OR/MS in the Roundtable Community
- Meeting with the INFORMS Board: Marketing the Profession Update
- Roundtable Luncheon Meeting with the Association of Chairs of Operations Research Departments (ACORD)
- Synchronizing Global Commerce: Operations Research at UPS
May 2003, Phoenix, AZ
Theme: How to be a Better Communicator
- How to be a Better Communicator (two sessions)
- Marketing 101: Marketing a Marketing Science Group
- Presidential Issues: A Discussion with INFORMS President-Elect Michael Rothkopf
- Integration of Theory and Practice
- Running INFORMS' Businesses More Effectively
February 2003, Charleston, SC
Theme: Marketing OR
- Marketing, Market Communications, Brands and the OR/MS Family of Discipline(two sessions)
- Platform for Discussion
- Interactive Workshop
- Marketing 101: Marketing a Marketing Science Group
- Marketing CPLEX: A Historical Perspective
- Brief Update on the INFORMS Marketing Project
November 2002, San Jose, CA
- Information Visualization (3 integrated sessions) The Case for Information Visualization
- Structured Data
- User Controls
- Representing Trees Using Microsoft Doughnut Charts<
- Meeting with the INFORMS Board: Practice Initiatives – Where should immediate emphasis be placed?
May 2002, Montreal, Canada
Theme: Personality Types
- Myers-Briggs Training Session
- Presidential Issues: A Discussion with the INFORMS President-Elect Planning and Managing the Future Direction of INFORMS Through Collaborative Strategic Planning
February 2002, Chandler, AZ
Theme: Giving OR a Friendly Face
- Spreadsheet Engineering
- Promoting OR by Hiding OR
- Optimizers Inside
- OR Disguised: The Wagner Experience
- Panel/Open Discussion on “OR Inside
November 2001, Miami, FL
Theme: The B2B Context of OR/MS
- Auction Theory for OR/MS Practice
- E-Business at Air Products: Shifting to a Second-Generation Strategy
- The Effect of New Technologies on Transportation
- Putting the "e" in Eastman Business
- Streamlined Sales Tax Initiative: Internet-Based Sales Tax Engine for the 21st Century
- Informal Discussion on the Practice Portal
- Meeting with the INFORMS Board: Avoiding "Myth-understandings" in Academic/Practitioner Collaboration
May 2001, La Jolla, CA
- Managing Best Practices
- Presidential Issues: A Discussion with the INFORMS President-Elect Social Capital as a Professional Asset
February 2001, Savannah, GA
Theme: The Changing Computing Environment of OR
- Optimization Modeling in Distributed Applications:
How new technologies such as XML and SOAP allow OR to provide Web-based services
- Optimization over the Internet
- A Case Study in Implementation: Feeder Schedule Optimization System
- Constraint Based Programming at ILOG
- Exploiting Web Technology to Deliver OR Solutions
- Panel Discussion: The Impact of the Changing Computing Environment of OR
November 2000, San Antonio, TX
- Marketing Strategy and Customer Equity in the Information Age
- The 1 to 1 Marketing Approach and CRM
- Predictive Modeling and Robust Optimization in eCRM
- Management Science Approaches to Personalization
- Operations Research at Qwest Communications International
- Planning for the First INFORMS Practice Meeting in San Diego
- Meeting with the INFORMS Board: Practice Portal for INFORMS Online
May 2000, Salt Lake City, UT
- The Effect of E-Business on the Supply Chain
- Applying Quantitative Marketing Techniques to the Internet
- A Review of the Evolution of e-Commerce and Operations Research in Travel and Transportation
- How the Internet is Transforming HP’s Business Models: Opportunities for OR/MS
- Presidential Issues: A Discussion with the INFORMS President-Elect Improving INFORMS Online for Practitioners
- Restructuring INFORMS
February 2000, Las Vegas, NV
- Beyond Enterprise Resource Planning Systems to Fact-based, Coordinated Decision Making
- The Compleat ERP Strategy
- Operations Research Activity in the Defense World at Raytheon Company
- Beyond ERP to Active Supply Chain Management, APS, CRM, and more
- Brainstorming Opportunities for OR/MS in the Deployment of ERP