If you have an idea about additional links that may be valuable to the applied probability community or if you find a dead link or inappropriate link, please contact the webmaster
- E-Access to Journals and Articles
- Project Euclid (Provides full electronic access to many journals provided either your institution is a member or you are a member of the IMS)
- JSTOR (Provides electronic access to many journals provided either your institution is a member of you are a member of the IMS)
- ARXIV (All IMS articles 2004 and forward are freely available in a postprint format on arXiv, as well as those articles posted by authors. ArXiv is an open access, fully automated electronic archive and distribution server for research articles, now owned and operated by Cornell University, and partially funded by NSF. The main fields it covers are physics, mathematics, non-linear science, computer science, and quantitative biology. Recently, arXiv has cooperated with IMS and the Bernoulli Society to open up a new statistics category within mathematics.)
- Computational Software The INFORMS Applied Probability Society takes no responsibility for the software packages listed below. What appears below is purely a listing service.
- MCQueue (available courtesy of Henk Tijms) This software package contains two modules. The first module is for the transient and steady-analysis of discrete-time and continuous-time Markov chains up to 100 states. The other module calculates performance measures including queue-length probabilities and waiting-time probabilities for basic queueuing models (M/G/1 queue, M/M/c queue, M/D/c queue, G/M/c queue, M/M/c/c+N queue, the transient M/M/1 queue). The algorithms in this software package are based on methods discussed in the book H.C. Tijms, A First Course in Stochastic Models, Wiley, 2003. Download the zip-file from http://staff.feweb.vu.nl/tijms/
- Special reduced subscription rates to Queuing Systems
- APS membership entitles one to reduced subscription rates to Queueing Systems at a rate of $100 per year. One only needs to mention that one is an APS member at the time of order placement at the appropriate address below:
Within the US: Write: Springer Order Department, PO Box 2485, Secaucus, NJ 07096-2485, USA.
Call: (toll free) 1-800-SPRINGER.
- Outside the Americas:
Write: Springer Distribution Center GmbH, Haberstrasse. 7, 69126 Heidelberg, Germany.
Call: +49 (0) 6221-345-4303.
Fax: +49 (0) 6221-345-4229.