ARTICLE I - NAME
1. This organization shall be called the Korea Chapter, hereinafter the Chapter, of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), hereinafter the Institute.
ARTICLE II - PURPOSE
1. The Chapter is organized and will be operated exclusively for educational and scientific purposes and in furtherance thereof.
a. To promote an increased knowledge of and greater interest in the theory and applications of operations research and management science.
b. To provide a means of communication between persons having interest in operations research and the management sciences.
ARTICLE III - MEMBERSHIP
1. Any persons interested in operations research and management science may become a member of the Chapter by completing a membership application and submitting it with the proper dues.
2. At all times, the membership of the Chapter must include at least ten members of the Institute.
3. All members shall have equal rights, duties and privileges. Dues shall be payable on January 1 of each year.
ARTICLE IV - OFFICERS
1. The officers of the Chapter shall be President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. The Vice President shall be designated as President-Elect for the next term of office.
2. The officers shall be elected at the annual Election Meeting. They shall take office immediately after the Election Meeting and serve until the end of the next Election Meeting.
3. Any one member may not serve in the offices of President and Vice President for more than two consecutive years.
4. Each officer of the Chapter must be a member of the Institute.
ARTICLE V - DUTIES OF OFFICERS
1. The President shall preside at all meetings of the Chapter and its Executive Board, and shall represent the Chapter at all meetings of the Institute. The President shall appoint all Chapter Committees and Chairpersons, except for the Executive Board and the Nominating Committee that are constituted as described elsewhere in these Bylaws.
2. The Vice President shall assume the duties of the President in the event of the President's absence. The Vice President shall also assume those duties of the President that are delegated to the position by the President.
3. The Secretary shall keep minutes of all Chapter Meetings and Executive Board Meetings. The Secretary also prepares the Annual Chapter Report for presentation to the Chapter at the Election Meeting. The Secretary shall send official notification to the Institute's Business Offices of changes in the elected officers of the Chapter or, prior to dissemination to the Chapter membership, proposed changes in the Chapter's Bylaws. The Secretary shall provide an annual activity report covering the period January 1 through December 31 to the Business Offices of the Institute in the formats provided.
4. The Treasurer shall collect dues, maintain financial and membership records, supervise disbursement of funds, and deposit dues and other Chapter funds in bank accounts approved by the Chapter Executive Board. The Treasurer shall provide an annual financial report covering the period January 1 through December 31 to the Business Offices of the Institute on the forms provided.
ARTICLE VI - EXECUTIVE BOARD
1. The Executive Board shall consist of the present officers and the immediate past President.
2. The Executive Board shall act for the Chapter in all matters except election of officers. Minutes of all Executive Board meetings shall be filed with the Chapter records.
ARTICLE VII - ELECTION OF OFFICERS
1. Nominations - No later than 1 month prior to the next to last general meeting of the Officers' term of office, the Executive Board shall appoint three members of the Chapter to serve as members of a Nominating Committee. One or more other members of the Chapter shall be selected by the Nominating Committee as candidates for each available office. The list of candidates shall be presented to the Chapter members by mail at least one week prior to the next to last general meeting of the Officers' term in office. Additional nominations shall be solicited in the notification and at the next to last general meeting.
2. Voting - Elections shall be held by secret ballot at the last general meeting of the Officers' term of office. A plurality of qualified ballots cast for each office shall be necessary for election. Ties shall be resolved by means of "fair" random processes.
ARTICLE VIII - STANDING COMMITTEES
1. Standing Committees shall be the Program, Publicity, Education and Public Relation (Membership) Committees.
a. The Program Committee shall plan and arrange meetings of the Chapter in accordance with apparent membership interests and the aims of the Chapter as set forth in Article II.
b. The Publicity Committee shall maintain a mailing list and publish and distribute all notices and publicity of the Chapter.
c. The Education Committee shall plan and arrange educational programs that are tailored to the special needs and desires of the Chapter members and potential members.
d. The Public Relation Committee shall plan and implement public relation and membership programs to enhance any relationship with other organizations and to improve services for potential and current Chapter members.
2. The President may create ad hoc committees and appoint their members and chairpersons. The tenure of an ad hoc committee shall expire with the term of the President who appointed it.
ARTICLE IX - MEETINGS
1. General meetings are meetings where all Chapter members are invited. General meetings shall be held as planned by the Program Committee.
2. The Election meeting shall be a general meeting held in of every year. The election of officers will be held, and the Secretary shall give the Annual Chapter Report.
3. Written notices of the time and place of general meetings shall be distributed to all members at least one week prior to any general meeting.
4. Executive Board meetings are meetings where only Executive Board members are invited. Executive Board meetings shall be held as planned by the President, but only upon notice to all members of the Executive Board.
5. A minimum of three meetings of the Chapter shall be held in each calendar year, including a general meeting.
6. Robert's Rules of Order shall govern all meetings, in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with the Bylaws.
ARTICLE X - DISBURSEMENTS AND DUES
1. Disbursements from the Treasury for Chapter expenditures shall be made under authorization of the Executive Board and shall be included in the minutes of that meeting.
2. Dues shall be fixed annually by the Executive Board.
ARTICLE XI - AMENDMENTS AND PROCEDURE
1. Amendments to these Bylaws must be approved by
a) the Chapter membership,
b) the INFORMS Subdivision Committee, and
c) the INFORMS Board.
An amendment shall be effective when and only when all these required approvals have been obtained.
2. Approval of an amendment by the membership must be obtained in the following manner:
a) A proposed amendment may be submitted for action by vote of the Executive Board or by written petition of twenty members.
b) The amendment shall be read and discussed at a general meeting. Notice of the meeting and the wording of the proposed amendment shall be distributed to the members at least thirty days before the meeting.
c) After the meeting at which the amendment was discussed, voting on the amendment shall be conducted at the next regularly scheduled general meeting. A two-thirds majority of all qualified members voting shall be required for approval.
3. A quorum necessary for conducting Chapter business at a general meeting is defined as 10 members or 5% of the Chapter membership, whichever is larger.
4. Rulings on any point of procedure which are not included in these Bylaws shall be made by the President.
ARTICLE XII - RESPONSIBILITY TO THE INSTITUTE
1. The Chapter and its officers are accountable to the Institute for all their actions.
2. The Chapter shall file a financial statement annually with the INFORMS Business Office covering the fiscal year January 1 through December 31. This report is necessary for recertification of the Chapter. It shall be filed no later than January 31.
3. The Chapter shall file an activity report annually with the INFORMS Business Office describing chapter activities during the past January 1 through December 31. The report is necessary for recertification of the charter of the Chapter. It shall be filed no later than January 31.
4. The Chapter may be dissolved by the Institute at any time. In the event of dissolution, the Institute shall decide how to dispose of the Chapter's assets.