INFORMS Open Forum

• 1.  2024 Daniel Wagner Prize

Posted 30 days ago

Thanks to the generosity of the sponsors of the Wagner prize, we are able to substantially increase the cash award for the winner to $5000 for the 2024 competition.

The deadline for submissions for the 2024 competition is 11:59 pm EDT on May 1, and we encourage you to consider submitting your work for consideration.

You can learn more the Daniel H. Wagner Prize for Excellence in the Practice of Advanced Analytics and Operations Research and start the application process online at https://www.informs.org/Recognizing-Excellence/Wagner-Prize. Please contact me (the Committee Chair) at WagnerPrize@informs.org with questions about this award.

Best regards,

Jim

------------------------------
    James J. Cochran
    Professor and Mike & Kathy Mouron Research Chair
    The University of Alabama
    Tuscaloosa AL

• 2.  RE: 2024 Daniel Wagner Prize

Posted 26 days ago

I just wanted to add to James's post:  For those considering applying to the Wagner Prize, it's a great opportunity. Our highest aspiration in the field is impacting practice, and the Wagner Prize is an ideal "soap-box" to showcase the value of OR. So many of us engage in practice-driven research where there is often a (painstakingly difficult) deployment phase. I strongly encourage you to write about that deployment, share best practices with the field, and help us all strive to have larger impact.

Vishal Gupta
    Associate Professor
    University of Southern California
    Los Angeles CA

• 3.  RE: 2024 Daniel Wagner Prize

Posted 25 days ago

That's great news, Jim!

We all love challenging problems and to use OR to solve them, but the best part of that is when you see these solutions applied to the real world and making a huge impact. The Wagner Prize is a great opportunity to share your innovative solutions with the OR community and get recognized. 

Andrea Arias
    BNSF Railway
    Keller TX