INFORMS Open Forum

2023 Daniel H. Wagner Prize Finalist Presentations at the 2023 INFORMS Meeting in Phoenix

• 1.  2023 Daniel H. Wagner Prize Finalist Presentations at the 2023 INFORMS Meeting in Phoenix

Posted 10-13-2023 12:39

The Daniel H. Wagner Prize recognizes and rewards outstanding achievement in the practice of operations research or advanced analytics, without the formal requirement for major financial or strategic impact. It also focuses on delivery of a clear and well-written paper and an articulate, informative presentation.

The 2023 Wagner Prize finalists are:

Delta Coverage: The Analytics Journey to Implement a Novel Nurse Deployment Solution

·     Pengyi Shi, Purdue University

·     Jonathan Helm, Indiana University

·     Mary Drewes and Jacob Cecil, Indiana University Health

The Sort-Assemble-Blend Routing Problem and its Application to Semiconductors

·     Nicholas Mason, Rachel Rosenberg, Evan Rash, and Karl Kempf, Intel Corporation

Smart Parcel Consolidation at Cainiao

·     Biao Yuan, Sino-US Global Logistics Institute

·     Yujie Chen, Yinzhi Zhou, Yuwei Chen, and Haoyuan Hu, Cainiao Network

Two of the finalist teams will present their work for the judges and colleagues in the audience in a special session (MA79: Daniel H. Wagner Prize) on Monday, October 16 from 8:00 AM – 9:15 AM MST in CC-West 211B. Each team will be given 20 minutes to present its results, and each presentation will be followed by ten minutes for questions (first from the judges, then from the audience). Unfortunately, the team from Cainiao Network will not be able to compete due to issues obtaining visas for travel to Phoenix.

The first presentation will feature the Delta Coverage: The Analytics Journey to Implement a Novel Nurse Deployment Solution project, and the second presentation will feature the Sort-Assemble-Blend Routing Problem and its Application to Semiconductors project. After this special session, the committee will deliberate and select the recipient of the 2023 Daniel H. Wagner Prize. The committee will announce the winner and the winner will reprise its presentation in the 2023 Daniel H. Wagner Prize Winner Reprise keynote session on Tuesday, October 17 from 5:25 PM - 6:15 PM MST in CC-West 301D.

I hope to see many of you at this session on Monday morning to see the presentations by the 2023 Wagner Prize finalists (and/or at the reprise of the winning presentation on Tuesday afternoon) – I think presentations by Wagner Prize finalist are among the most interesting and engaging presentations at the annual INFORMS meetings, and I am confident you will enjoy this session (and I will provide doughnuts!).

------------------------------
    James J. Cochran
    Mike and Kathy Mouron Research Chair
    The University of Alabama
    Tuscaloosa AL
    ------------------------------