Call for RAS Poster Session Presentation Submission
You are invited to submit a proposal to present a poster at Railroad Application Section (RAS) at the Annual INFORMS Conference in Houston, TX, USA, Oct 22-25, 2017.
The rail industry is a cutting edge user of operations research and analytics. The RAS poster session provides an interactive way to share knowledge and state-of-the-art research in railroad applications. Poster session presentations will have the opportunity to show case research or projects that are at early stages of development, and benefit from the interactive critique, suggestions, and encouragement from colleagues working in the rail area. Any topics related to railroad business analytics and optimization are appropriate.
To submit a proposal, please email the following information to Andy Yoon via firstname.lastname@example.org
by August 31, 2017.
- Title of presentation
- Presenters (s) Name(s) including full first and last name and all degrees for each presenter
- Institution/company name and address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- A narrative abstract (500 words or less) of your presentation, including the outcomes or results of the program, project, curriculum innovation or research.
These abstracts will then be reviewed by RAS officers, and 10-15 entrants will be selected to display their posters at the INFORMS annual conference in Houston. Entrants will be notified by September 30th, 2017 if they will be selected to present their work.
- The poster must fit completely with in the 30 inch by 40 inch bulletin board provided by INFORMS.
- A poster may be presented as either (1) a single large sheet of paper that can be rolled and transported in a tube or one large piece of corrugated plastic that can be folded in thirds for easy transport; or (2) as multiple pages that are mounted onto the bulletin board.
- The contributing presenters will be assumed to be the individuals who will attend the 2017 INFORMS annual meeting to present the session.
If you have general questions about RAS poster workshop, contact Andy Yoon via email@example.com