EFFECTIVE DATE: August 17, 2020 (Fall Semester)
- Ph.D. or DBA degree in an appropriate area of Business with a specialization in Information Systems from business school with the AACSB international accreditation
- Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2020
- Demonstrated potential to teach effectively at the undergraduate and graduate levels in one or more of the following areas: Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Data Science, Enterprise Architecture, Systems Integration, and/or the technical areas of Information Systems
- Demonstrated potential for research, scholarly and creative activities leading to publication
- Demonstrated potential for curriculum development
- Demonstrated potential for service contributions to the department, college, university, industry, and community
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
- Teaching experience at the college level
- Related professional experience
- Published research in the field
- Potential to develop and expand a relationships across the university’s surrounding community and the industry
- Experience in application development with a solid, in-depth, and directly related technical background for information systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Teach undergraduate and graduate level courses
- Engage in research, scholarly and creative activities leading to presentations and publications
- Participate in service to the department, college, university, and community
DEPARTMENT, COLLEGE, UNIVERSITY, and CITY:
- IS Department faculty members conduct research and publish in leading Information Systems journals, including IS Research, MIS Quarterly, Journal of MIS, Decision Sciences, Communications of ACM, Management Science, Marketing Science, Decision Support Systems, Information & Management, among others. They present papers at ICIS, AMCIS, ECIS, PACIS, AoM, DSI, ACM, IEEE, and INFORMS meetings.
- Current research areas include data analytics, blockchain, business models, smart cities, cyber security, privacy, mobile systems, software processes, social network analysis, healthcare management, and business communications, among others.
- The College of Business offers both undergraduate and graduate degree programs (MBA and MS).
- California State University, Long Beach, known nationally as "The Beach," is a hub of cultural and intellectual diversity for an unparalleled access to success. Long Beach, located in the heart of Southern California, blends the urban sophistication of a big city with a limitless coastal atmosphere.
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University’s strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here:
How to Apply - Required Documentation:
- An Equity and Diversity Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (maximum two pages, single-spaced). For further information and guidelines, please visit: http://www.csulb.edu/EquityDiversityStatement
- Letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications
- CV (including current email address)
- Names and contact information for three references
- Copy of transcript from institution awarding highest degree
- Copies of journal papers published and/or accepted
- Student evaluations and evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Finalists will also be required to submit the following:
- A signed SC-1 form,
- Three current letters of recommendation independently provided by references, and
- An official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
Applications, required documentation, and/or requests for information should be addressed to:
Dr. H. Michael Chung, Department Chair
c/o Mr. Gordon Thompson
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Information Systems
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-8506
562-985-4993 or firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications to begin TBD, 2019
Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled)
CONFERENCE ATTENDING: Representatives to meet at AMCIS. ICIS, INFORMS
A background check (including a criminal records check and a telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.