The MSOM Society of INFORMS is currently soliciting nominations for the 2021 award of the annual MSOM Young Scholar Prize. This prize is intended to recognize exceptional young researchers who have made outstanding contributions to scholarship in operations management.
To be eligible for the 2021 award, a nominee must have been 40 years old or younger on January 31, 2021.
Nominations are to be submitted electronically to Feryal Erhun (email@example.com) by May 10, 2021.
Nominations may be made by any MSOM Society member, including the nominee. Nominations must consist of:
- The nominee's curriculum vitae;
- A statement of major contributions of no more than three pages (may be prepared by the nominee) that includes the evidence of scholarly and practical impact, e.g., citation count, impact factors, demonstration of impact on other fields or practice; and
- Three letters of recommendation.
An MSOM Young Scholar Award Committee will choose the recipient of the award. The committee will use the following criteria:
- The extent to which the contributions of the nominee advance the body of scholarly knowledge in operations management.
- The originality of the questions, concepts, ideas or methods developed and/or the degree to which existing theory and knowledge are unified or simplified.
- The impact of the contributions within the operations management research community.
- The impact, or potential impact, of the contributions more broadly on other fields and on students and practitioners of operations management.
The award includes a cash prize of $1000. If more than one person is chosen to receive the award, the cash prize will be divided up equally among the recipients.