INFORMS Open Forum

Call for Abstracts/Papers: Dynamics of Disasters Conference (July 3-6, 2023 in Athens, Greece)

• 1.  Call for Abstracts/Papers: Dynamics of Disasters Conference (July 3-6, 2023 in Athens, Greece)

Posted 04-20-2023 13:03
    Edited by Chrysafis Vogiatzis 04-22-2023 13:09
      |   view attached

I apologize in advance for any cross posting! 

Knowing how many in our societies work in the intersection of operations research, humanitarian supply chains, and disaster management, I am excited to advertise our upcoming Dynamics of Disasters Conference that is set to take place in Athens, Greece this July 3-6, 2023. We have a full set of plenary speakers from policy, academia, and practice: Teresa Farmaki of Astarte Capital Partners LLP, George M. Karagiannis of Resilience First, Xenophon Moussas of the University of Athens, Stefan Pickl of Bundeswehr University Munich, Dimitris Simos of SBA Research, and Alexandra Tragaki of the Harokopio University of Athens.

The General Chairs of the conference are Ilias Kotsireas, Anna Nagurney, Panos Pardalos, and Stefan Pickl. The Program Committee Chairs are Maude Josée Blondin and myself. 
    More details for the conference can be found on our website at http://caopt.com/DOD2023/. The submission deadline is May 15, 2023: please note that abstracts or extended abstracts in lieu of papers are perfectly fine. An edited volume for interested submitters will also be available after the conference. Our community of operations research and the management sciences has significantly contributed to improving our societal welfare by managing disasters and their consequences efficiently, so I am excited to see more of us participate in the conference and work together to continue making an impact! 

For any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at chrys@illinois.edu. Thank you!

------------------------------
    Chrysafis Vogiatzis
    Teaching Assistant Professor
    University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
    Urbana IL
    ------------------------------

Attachment(s)

pdf
    promo.pdf   4.06 MB 1 version