INFORMS Open Forum

• 1.  2023 DEI Ambassador Program – Call for Proposals (Deadline extended)

Posted 11-22-2022 17:03
    Help INFORMS spread the message of diversity, equity, and inclusion!

Do you have a great idea to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within INFORMS? INFORMS is pleased to announce the Diversity and Inclusion Ambassadors initiative program!
    • Submit a proposal for a small grant (up to $2500) to support a diversity, equality, and inclusion (DEI) initiative to benefit the INFORMS community

• Any INFORMS member or staff can apply

• Proposals are due by December 2, 2022

• Projects run during 2023

• Up to 15 projects will be funded

See the full details and apply on the INFORMS Award Page

------------------------------
    Katy Wrenn
    Applied Mathematician
    The Boeing Company
    San Antonio, TX

• 2.  RE: 2023 DEI Ambassador Program – Call for Proposals (Deadline extended)

Posted 11-29-2022 16:33
    Thanks, Katy! I just wanted to boost this post and encourage anyone on the fence to apply for the ambassador program. Two of my colleagues and I applied last year (we are INFORMS staff) and it's been a great experience. In addition to making progress on our own project, it ends up to feel like one big team effort - you get to know the other ambassadors and support each other's projects, too. For anyone like me, who's uncomfortable with the kind of networking where you have to start conversations at a reception, getting involved in a program like this is an effective way to build your network more naturally, while doing meaningful work. You still have a few days - apply!

Tracy Cahall
    Member Engagement Manager
    INFORMS
    Catonsville MD