2022 Decision Analysis Practice Award
Are you an academic or practitioner who has completed an outstanding decision analysis during the past five years?
Did it make a significant difference in a critical decision? Would you like to be recognized for your contribution?
If so, please consider competing for the 2022 Decision Analysis Practice Award.
About the Award
The Decision Analysis Practice Award is sponsored jointly by the Decision Analysis Society and the Society of Decision Professionals. This annual award is given to the best decision analysis application, as judged by a panel of members from both societies, during the annual INFORMS conference. The award is open to both members and non-members.
The award includes a $750 cash prize and assistance in getting the work published in a suitable journal, if the winner so desires. The winner is invited to present their work at the SDP Annual Conference & Workshops (Formerly known as DAAG) in the following spring.
For this award, Decision Analysis is broadly defined based on the definition used for publication in the INFORMS Decision Analysis journal (http://pubsonline.informs.org/journal/deca#)
For more information on the prize and a list of past winners, see
How does the competition work?
1. By July 31 - Applicants submit an application form including abstract, project details and client testimonial.
2. By Sept 15 - The Award Committee selects three finalists.
3. Week of Oct 10 - Finalists present their projects to the committee in a webinar.
4. The Award Committee selects and announces the winner during the 2022 INFORMS Annual Meeting, to be held in hybrid mode for both in-person and virtual participation, scheduled for October 16-19, 2022 in Indianapolis, IN.
How are the applications judged?
The Award Committee will use the following criteria:
1. Clear framing of the decision using the principles of decision theory.
2. Quality and originality of the decision analysis techniques employed.
3. Centrality of the analysis to the client's decision-making process, taking account of the importance of the problem.
4. Benefits and importance of the decision analysis to the client, stakeholders, and the public.
5. Describe the next steps for the analysis.
How to Submit your application?
- Download and complete the application form.
- Send the completed form and all attachments, no later than July 31, 2022, to DASSDPAWARD@gmail.com
If you have any questions, please contact the Award Committee chairs:
Professor of Management Science, Loughborough University, UK
Senior Research Fellow, CREATE, University of Southern California, USA