The pilot in Bahrain started in 2020 with a hope that this initiative will lead to more such groups across the world and spread the word widely about the value of OR/Analytics to business, industry and government.
The INFORMS BH International Group aims to spread Operations Research and Management Science educational and technical activities, promote networking, and develop Business Analytics models and applications for Business and organizations.Group Objectives:
- spread research opportunities in the field of business analytic
- coordinate and monitor research activities related to business analytic in Bahrain and the region
- conduct seminars and conferences on research related to business analytic.
- assist in generating new innovative program related to business analytic.
- Provide consultancy, training and other services such as survey research, instrument development, professional data analysis services to corporates bodies.
The Group provided consultancy support to launch the PhD in Business Analytics in the College of Business Administration at the University of Bahrain in September 2021 (https://cob.uob.edu.bh/graduate/p-hd-in-business-analytics/).
Links to related societies: