Eight student teams from around the world have been selected as finalists in the second annual INFORMS O.R. and Analytics Student Team Competition. INFORMS, the leading international association for professionals in operations research and analytics, introduced this new competition to highlight young talent and provide O.R. and analytics students the opportunity to solve the kinds of real-world workplace challenges they will face during their careers.
The eight finalists are (in alphabetical order):
- Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Republic of Korea
- Özyeğin University, Turkey
- Queen’s University, Canada
- University of Belgrade, Serbia
- University of Bern, Switzerland
- Universidad de los Andes, Colombia
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
The finalists will present their solutions to a judging panel at the INFORMS Business Analytics Conference in Baltimore, MD, April 15-17, 2018 during which the winners will be announced.
O.R. & Analytics Student Team Competition 2018
An INFORMS competition that provides real-world workplace experience for undergraduate and master’s level students.
Student teams are given the same business problem, data sets, and access to software to solve a challenging problem using an OR/analytics approach. A panel of industry and academic experts judge written submissions based on teams’ use of the full analytics process, from framing the problem to methodology selection, data use, model building and innovation. Teams selected as finalists present their solutions to a judging panel at the INFORMS Business Analytics Conference in April, with the winners announced at the conference. Students:
- Gain practical experience in taking a business problem and solution through the complete OR/analytics decision process.
- Work on a real business problem, of critical importance to the company serving as Title Sponsor.
- Demonstrate skills in organization, teamwork, communication, and presentation.
- And win valuable prizes and bragging rights for their school!
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org