O.R. & Analytics Student Team Competition 2019
An INFORMS competition that provides real-world workplace experience for undergraduate and master’s level students.
Student teams are given the same business problem, data sets and access to software to solve a challenging problem using an O.R./analytics approach. A panel of industry and academic experts judge written submissions based on teams’ use of the full analytics process, from framing the problem to methodology selection, data use, model building and innovation. Teams selected as finalists present their solutions to a judging panel at the INFORMS Business Analytics Conference in April 2019, with the winners announced at the conference. Students:
- Gain practical experience in taking a business problem and solution through the complete O.R./analytics decision process.
- Work on a real business problem, of critical importance to the company serving as Title Sponsor. The 2019 Title Sponsor is General Motors (GM).
- Take advantage of opportunities to interact with the Title Sponsor’s technical and management personnel.
- Demonstrate skills in communication, teamwork, and presentation.
- Win valuable prizes for team members and prestige for their school. Awards are: $7,500 First Prize, $5,000 Second Prize, $3,500 Third Prize, and 3 Honorable Mention awards at $1,000 each.
Sign Up Now!
Click here to sign up to receive updates and important announcements.
Terry Cryan, Special Projects Associate