Call for Papers INFORMS 2017 Data Mining Best Paper Awards
The Data Mining (DM) Section of INFORMS announces the Data Mining Best Paper Awards to recognize excellence among its members, particularly its student members.
- Two awards will be given for applied and/or methodological papers. At least one of these (possibly both) will be awarded to a student.
- Two awards will be given for theoretical papers with/without a methodological component. At least one of these (possibly both) will be awarded to a student.
In order to submit a paper by a student,
- The presenting student author must be a student on or after January 1, 2017.
- The research must have been conducted while the presenting author was a student.
- The paper must be written by the student author(s) with minor assistance from advisors. The effort of the student(s) must comprise at least 50% of the work presented in the paper.
- The presenting student author must be a member of the Data Mining Section.
- The student author must be available to present the work at a session at the 2017 INFORMS Annual Meeting.
- Papers will not be published as part of the competition. Student papers can be in any stage with regard to publication (unpublished, submitted, published, etc.).
In order to submit a paper by a non-student,
- The presenting author must be a member of the Data Mining Section.
- The presenter must be available to present the work at a session at the 2017 INFORMS Annual Meeting.
- No version of the paper can be published or accepted at the time of submission. This is for unpublished work only.
Papers must be submitted with a maximum of 20 printed pages including appendix and bibliography (1 inch margins, single column, single-spaced, 12 point font, and Times New Roman).
Candidates who meet the above criteria and wish to submit their paper for consideration can submit their papers to the competition chair, Dr. Tong Wang via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 15, 2017. The subject of the email should be "2017 DM Best Paper Award Submission – candidate type - track". For example, if you are a student and are submitting an applied paper, the subject should be “2017 DM Best Paper Award Submission – student - applied”. Late submissions will not be accepted.
All awardees will make presentations at the INFORMS 2017 Annual Meeting in Houston Texas (October 22-25, 2017). The winners will be announced at the INFORMS DM Business Meeting and all winners will receive an award certificate.