PSOR Officers 2020
University of Arkansas
Jessica Heier Stamm
Kansas State University
Secretary / Treasurer
Ashlea Bennett Milburn
University of Arkansas
Senior VP of Programs
University of Missouri
Junior VP of Programs
University of St. Thomas
VP of Communications
2020 PSOR elections
PSOR officers include President, President-Elect, Secretary/ Treasurer, Senior Vice President of Programs, Junior Vice President of Programs, and Vice President of Communications. The positions that are to be elected for the year 2020 are listed below.
PRESIDENT-ELECT. The President-Elect shall assist the President and substitute for the President as needed, including presiding at meetings. The President-Elect shall succeed to the office of President upon completion of the latter’s term of office or if a vacancy occurs in the latter office. Candidates are
- Andrew Trapp. Associate Professor of Operations and Industrial Engineering at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), with courtesy professorships in Mathematical Sciences and Data Science.
JUNIOR VICE-PRESIDENT OF PROGRAMS: The Junior Vice President of Programs shall assist the Senior Vice President of Programs. The Junior Vice President of Programs shall succeed to the office of Senior Vice President of Programs upon completion of the latter’s term of office or if a vacancy occurs in the latter office. Candidates are
- Justin J. Boutilier. Assistant Professor in Industrial and Systems Engineering and Honorary Fellow in Emergency Medicine at the University of Wisconsin – Madison.
- Melih Celik. Senior Lecturer (Assistant Professor) of Operational Research at the University of Bath (United Kingdom).
- Yichuan Ding. Assistant Professor in the Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University.
SECRETARY-TREASURER: The Secretary-Treasurer shall (a) support the President in the preparation of meeting agendas and subdivision budgets, (b) take minutes, (c) keep financial and other records, (d) receive membership applications, (e) maintain contact with the INFORMS, and (g) perform other duties usual to the offices of Secretary and Treasurer, including disbursing, receiving, managing and overseeing funds, in accordance with the rules and procedures of INFORMS.
- Chaitra Gopalappa. Associate Professor in Industrial Engineering at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- Ashlea Bennett Milburn. Associate Professor in the Department of Industrial Engineering at the University of Arkansas.
VICE PRESIDENT OF COMMUNICATIONS: The Vice President of Communications shall be responsible for maintaining the website, the newsletter, and any other external or internal communications outlets. Candidates are
- Charles Hannigan. 5th year Ph.D. candidate in the University of Chicago Booth School of Business Management Science and Operations Management program.
- Phebe Vayanos. Assistant Professor of Industrial and Systems Engineering and Computer Science at the University of Southern California.
2020 PSOR Business Meeting
We will hold the PSOR Business Meeting at Zoom online virtual room on Tuesday, November 10th, from 05:45 pm to 06:45 pm (EST), at the 2020 Virtual INFORMS Annual Meeting.
We invite all to join us. Share the Zoom information with whom interested. The topics that we are going to discuss in the meeting are:
- Introduction of PSOR
- Election results
- Best Paper Award
From the Editor
As the first virtual INFORMS Annual Meeting is fast approaching, and I hope you all are getting ready for the conference activities. The Section on Public Sector Operations Research covers a wide range of applications, from healthcare delivery to politics. We also have several sessions and many papers focusing on disease modeling and vaccination as well, which contribute to the prevention and treatment of the Covid-19 pandemic. Hope to see you all at the 2020 INFORMS Annual Meeting.
Please let me know about your successes, so that the Business Meeting in the annual conference and future issues of “The Briefing” can highlight your accomplishments. Please also consider letting our board members know how we can make the section truly a professional forum for you, our dearest members, to showcase operations research as a scientific approach to public sector issues and problems. As a society, we have tremendous opportunities to create and disseminate knowledge which can help fight the pandemic. Please let us know how we promote this effort together. Lastly, I wish everyone safe and healthy.
VP of Communications, PSOR