“Overbooked and overlooked: Machine learning and racial bias in medical appointment scheduling”
- Michele Samorani, Shannon L. Harris, Linda Goler Blount, Haibing Lu, and Michael Santoro
- Published in Manufacturing and Service Operations Management
- Hasnain, T., Sengul Orgut, I., & Ivy, J. S. (2021). Elicitation of Preference among Multiple Criteria in Food Distribution by Food Banks. Production and Operations Management.
Périvier, N., Hssaine, C., Samaranayake, S., & Banerjee, S. (2021). Real-time Approximate Routing for Smart Transit Systems. Proceedings of the ACM on Measurement and Analysis of Computing Systems, 5(2), 1-30.
“Search Among Queues Under Quality Differentiation”
- Luyi Yang, Laurens Debo, and Varun Gupta
“Data-driven Stochastic Optimization Approaches To Determine Decision Thresholds For Risk Estimation Models”
- Gian-Gabriel P. Garcia, Mariel S. Lavieri, Ruiwei Jiang, Michael A. McCrea, Thomas W. McAllister, Steven P. Broglio, and CARE Consortium Investigators
“Changing the policy paradigm: A benefit maximization approach to electricity planning in developing countries”
- Destenie Nock, Todd Levin, Erin Baker
“Office-based and home-care for older adults in primary care: A comparative analysis using the Nash bargaining solution”
- Jennifer Mendoza-Alonzo, José Zayas-Castro, Hadi Charkhgard
“A two-stage route optimization algorithm for light aircraft transport systems”
- Shadi Azadeh, Michel Bierlaire, Youssef Maknoon
“On the distributions of infinite server queues with batch arrivals”
“A vector-borne contamination model to assess food-borne outbreak intervention strategies”
- Jessye Talley, Lauren Davis
“A new epidemics-logistics model: insights into controlling the Ebola virus disease in West Africa”
- Esra Buyutahtakin Toy, Emmanuel Des-Bordes, Eyyub Kibis
"Routing and staffing when servers are strategic"
Ragavendran Gopalakrishnan, Sherwin Doroudi (not pictured), Amy R. Ward (not pictured), Adam Wierman (not pictured)
"Demand fulfillment probability in a multi-item inventory system with limited historical data"
"A decomposition-based heuristic for stochastic emergency routing problems"
Belleh Fontem, Sharif H. Melouk (not pictured), Burku B. Kesin (not pictured), Naeem Bajwa (not pictured)
"The value of waiting during labor"
(2018 finalists pictured with Sean Barnes and Lewis Ntaimo)
Karen Hicklin, Julie Ivy, Fay Cobb Payton (not pictured), Meera Viswanathan (not pictured), Evan Myers (not pictured)
"Chemotherapy appointment scheduling under uncertainty using mean-risk stochastic integer programming"
- Michelle Alvarado (not pictured), Lewis Ntaimo
2017 Finalists"Simulation of inventory systems with unknown input models: a data-driven approach“
- Alp Akcay (not pictured), Canan G. Corlu
"A mixed-integer programming approach to the parallel replacement problem under technological change"
- Esra Büyüktahtakin, Joseph C. Hartman (not pictured)
"The optimal assignment of spontaneous volunteers"
(2017 finalists pictured with Sean Barnes and Lauren Davis)
- Maria Mayorga, Emmett Lodree, Justin Wolczyncski (not pictured)