About the community
The Junior Faculty Interest Group presents the JFIG Paper Competition annually. We also host a luncheon at the Annual INFORMS Conference, as well as several panel and research sessions.
How to join JFIG
Joining JFIG (or any subdivision) is actually quite easy, and can be done through your profile on the INFORMS website:
- Go to the INFORMS website (http://www.informs.org/) and click on the Member Login link at the top right.
- Log in. If you don't have login information, click on the link "Please send me my login information."
- Once you are logged in, you will be redirected to the home page. Click on the "Self-Service Center" link at the top.
- Select "Renew or Add Items for 2024".
- Scroll down this page to add/edit your community memberships.
If you have any questions, please ask the JFIG president.
JFIG offers a forum for junior faculty to connect with each other and learn from each other, as well as from senior faculty members. To this end, we host the following events at each INFORMS Annual Conference:
- JFIG Paper Competition
- JFIG panel sessions on various topics, including effective teaching methods and work/life balance
- JFIG research sessions featuring young faculty performing innovative research in exciting areas
- JFIG luncheon
JFIG also provides an email listserv where announcements regarding job postings, workshops and conferences are disseminated. For timely updates, follow us on Twitter (@informsjfig) and join our LinkedIn Group.