Greetings, Rocky Mountain INFORMS members! Welcome to your local chapter for networking and learning in our valued profession of Operations Research and Management Science. We will continue with our schedule of meetings the third Wednesday or Thursday of every other month, September through May, starting with networking at 5:30 p.m., a presentation at 6 p.m., and optional dinner at a local restaurant after the presentation (attendees pay for their own dinner).
- 15 August 2017: Chapter Event with the Colorado Rockies Analytics Staff, Dr. Andrew Urbaczewski, University of Denver. Meet at Coors Field, Gate D at 4:45 P.M. Bring $20 CASH for each ticket you desire.
- 17 May 2017: Analyzing Electricity Use of Low Income Weatherization Program Participants Using Propensity Score Analysis and Hierarchical Linear Growth Model, Dr. Ksenia Polson, University of Denver
- 23 Mar 2017: Determinants of Feedback Effectiveness in Production Planning, Dr. Peter Letmathe, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
- 2 Feb 2017: Operations Research in Land Exchange, Dr. Steffen Borgwardt, UC Denver
- 10 Nov 2016: Managing the NextHealth Client Analytics Process, Dr. Doug Popken, SVP Analytics, NextHealth Technologies
- 14 Sep 2016: Image-based Machine Learning, Dr. Peigang Zhang, Uber
- 25 May 2016: Analytics Case Studies from the Retail and Hospitality Industries, Matt Schwartz, SVP of IT, Sage Hospitality
- 21 Apr 2016: Operations Research: Keys for Jeppesen Today and Tomorrow, Dr. Jennifer Rausch, Jeppesen
- 28 Jan 2016: The Role of an Enterprise Analytics Team at a Large Retail Company, Mr. Michael Fuhr, CAP, Sports Authority
- 18 Nov 2015: Truck Loads and Delivery Assignments Considering Capacity in Volumes of Fluid, Mr. Wes Dyk, Noble Energy
- 17 Sep 2015: Panel Discussion with Rocky Mountain Chapter Past Presidents, Business Meeting
Please contact your chapter officers if you would like to be a speaker, recommend a speaker, or if your company would like to host a meeting at your worksite. If you’re not a member and would like to join INFORMS or add Rocky Mountain Chapter membership, please go to http://www.informs.org/Membership.
For the 2017-2018 year, we have two positions open. We will elect a Treasurer and a Secretary. If you are interested in either of these positions, please contact the INFORMS Rocky Mountain Chapter Secretary.
The Rocky Mountain Chapter of INFORMS occasionally requires the help of volunteers. If you are interested in volunteer opportunities please contact the INFORMS Rocky Mountain Chapter Secretary.