Open Volunteer Opportunities
Sign up as a Pro Bono Analytics volunteer and we will notify you of new opportunities as they become available.
Nashville Zoo is a progressive and dynamic zoological park serving Middle Tennessee, southern Kentucky, and hundreds of thousands of tourists who travel to Nashville every year. The zoo’s Education Department is working on a comprehensive evaluation methodology for all their programs that will measure knowledge, attitude, and behavioral change among participants. The zoo has developed a uniform approach to evaluation and has tested several methods. The biggest hurdle is quantifying the results. At this point, they are relying on Survey Monkey for basic data management, but would like help in improving the data analysis and the overall program evaluation process. The goal of this volunteer project is to pull all department surveys into a program such as Tableau to generate regular reports on program effectiveness that would help the zoo make strategic decisions about improving programs and also provide information to funders.
Nashville Zoo Request Form
Please indicate interest by April 28, 2017
Projects in Progress
Volunteers have already been selected for these projects. Please view the following to exemplify the wide variety of nonprofit organizations and projects Pro Bono Analytics volunteers work on.
Youth Encouragement Services (YES) - YES works to enrich the lives of children in inner-city Nashville, helping them to develop academically, physically, spiritually, and socially. YES purchased a data management system called KidTrax through NFocus Solutions and need someone to help navigate pre-filled data, measure outcomes, and provide suggestions/tools for staff to use for continued enhancement of programming.
YES Volunteer Request Form
American Red Cross - Tennessee Chapter - The
Nashville Chapter of the American Red Cross has 900 volunteers helping
with blood collection and humanitarian response services in Central
Tennessee and neighboring areas. The Nashville Chapter would like to
better understand how to interact with existing and potential volunteers
in three primary areas.
American Red Cross - Tennessee Chapter Volunteer Request Form
LawNY: Legal Assistance for Western New York – LawNY is a nonprofit legal firm that provides access to the justice system for low-income people and other vulnerable populations who have civil legal problems. In 2015, the firm closed 8,877 cases benefiting 18,246 people across Western New York. LawNY is seeking analytics help in developing a business process map of the intake system used in its seven offices, analyzing where barriers exist, and making recommendations for improvements. Their ultimate goal is to improve the intake system so it works as efficiently and effectively as possible for its clients, intake workers and advocates. See more details in the Volunteer Request From.
LawNY Volunteer Request Form
Family Service of Greater Boston (FSGB) has focused on improving the lives of at-risk urban children, youth and their families since 1835. They currently provide services through three main programs: an outpatient mental health clinic, in-home therapy team, and a residential program for teens. FSGB needs analytics help in developing a data management strategy that can standardize data collection, better coordinate care across programs, and better serve their clients.
FSGB Volunteer Request Form
Community Empowerment Solutions empowers community members in countries like the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Guatemala, and Nicaragua to implement high social impact technologies that address education, economic, energy and health challenges. CESolutions has designed a survey to assess the outcomes of their program. They are looking for a volunteer who can review the survey design, ensure that it meets best practices, and that it asks questions that will yield accurate and useful data for assessing their program.
CE Solutions Volunteer Request
The American Music Therapy Association (AMTA) is facing a large decision. Should a Board Certified Music Therapist have a master’s degree or be allowed to continue to practice at Bachelor’s level? AMTA is in need of an analytics coach who can help define the issue, identify relevant data, and develop a decision model to support an informed decision that is in the best interest of their members and the general public seeking their services.
AMTA Volunteer Request Form
The Indiana Association for Community Economic Development (IACED) is an intermediary agency, working with local communities and regional, state and national stakeholders around economic development. They are looking for analytics assistance to design a common outcome framework that will assist Indiana-based nonprofits to report, track and measure performance outcomes.
IACED Request Form
- Email email@example.com to express your preliminary interest, and provide your resume or CV and a summary of your experience and areas of expertise, particularly as they may relate to the specific project. Let us know if you’d like us to match you with other volunteers to create a project team.
- We’ll set up a call between you, the Pro Bono Analytics Committee member who was the initial contact with the nonprofit, and the organization staff. The Committee member will have already conducted a “scoping” call to understand the nonprofit’s goals and help them better define the problem and project. You may decide to drop out after that call or continue.
- We will forward all submitted proposals by interested volunteers to the nonprofit, and they will make the final selection.
- We then ask the nonprofit organization and the volunteer(s) to sign an Engagement Confirmation agreement.
- After signing, the project is ready to launch, with you and the organization working directly. Pro Bono Analytics steps back from direct involvement, but we maintain contact with you and the organization to check on progress and to serve as a sounding board.
- As a final step, we ask the volunteer(s) and the organization to provide feedback on your experience.