INFORMS Open Forum

• 1.  The OR/MS Tomorrow Fall/Winter 2022 Issue is now live!

Posted 12-13-2022 08:28
      |   view attached
    Dear OR/MS Community Members,

I am pleased to share with you the Fall/Winter 2022 edition of OR/MS Tomorrow!

This summer, our team welcomed several new members, who rapidly caught up and, together with the rest of the team, diligently worked during this fall to deliver this great issue! They are:

• Gulten Busra Karkili, as social media coordinator
    • Madhulika Chilla and Gauri Vaidya, as staff writers
    • Haokun Du, Farzin Ahmadi, and Vasilis Pavlopoulus, as editors

I also thank our departing member, Jessica Leung, for her outstanding service and contributions to our magazine, serving as lead editor since 2020. Jessica left a mark in our magazine and on all the team members that interacted with her. She led amazing issues and kicked off the mini-poster competition. She departed and left me some gigantic shoes to fill. We all wish you the best!

This issue discusses a myriad of topics in different OR/MS and student-related interest areas. We start with the more traditional topics. First, we discuss how firms are being strategic (or not) about becoming cybersecurity resilient. We continue with a review of a last-mile delivery trend: crowd-shipping. Then, we switch gears toward non-traditional OR/MS applications. First, we examine how OR/MS ideas have indirectly influenced nature reserve design. Second, we discuss the resource allocation problem in the U.S. foster care system. Here, we move to a group of articles spotlighting students: a discussion about mental health in graduate school, a guide on INFORMS student chapters, and an interview with the INFORMS student chapter at the University of Massachusetts - Amherst. We conclude this issue by featuring our mini-poster competition's results and winning entries in our last article.

Submissions for the Spring/Summer 2023 issue are welcomed. Contact us via email at orms_tomorrow@mail.informs.org!

I hope you enjoy this issue.

Sofia Perez-Guzman
    OR/MS Tomorrow Lead Editor

------------------------------
    Sofia Perez-Guzman
    Ph.D. Candidate
    Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
    Troy NY

Attachment(s)

pdf
    ORMS_Tomorrow_Nov_Issue.pdf   74.26 MB 1 version

• 2.  RE: The OR/MS Tomorrow Fall/Winter 2022 Issue is now live!

Posted 12-21-2022 10:38
    Another great issue! Congrats to the hard-working OR/MS Tomorrow team!

Kara Tucker
    Editor, OR/MS Today
    INFORMS
    Catonsville MD