INFORMS Open Forum

LGBTQIA+ Breakfast Reception 2022 INFORMS Annual Meeting

• 1.  LGBTQIA+ Breakfast Reception 2022 INFORMS Annual Meeting

Posted 08-16-2022 17:29

Dear Colleagues,

We are excited to invite you to a breakfast reception in celebration and support of our LGBTQIA+ members during the 2022 INFORMS Annual Meeting in Indianapolis, IN.

SAVE THE DATE
    LGBTQIA+ Breakfast Reception
    7 – 8 am, Monday, October 17
    JW Marriott (room to be announced at a later date)

The reception, which is an initiative of the INFORMS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Ambassador Program, will offer an opportunity for LGBTQIA+ members and allies to meet and network informally in a safe space.

Light food and beverage will be offered during the reception, so we would appreciate if you could complete a brief survey to let us know if you plan to join us!

We look forward to welcoming you to the reception and creating a more interconnected professional community!

Best,

Priyank & Pritha

Personal notes from the reception co-organizers:

Priyank Arora (Assistant Professor of Management Science, Darla Moore School of Business, University of South Carolina): As an 'out' member (cis gay male) of the LGBTQIA+ community, I hope that this get-together will get the ball rolling on formation of a formal or informal network of LGBTQIA+ folks and allies within the INFORMS community. This and other forms of visibility, especially among minority groups, are critical in establishing a circle of peers who can rely on each other for support, mentorship, and information exchange. 

Pritha Dutta (Assistant Professor of Management Science, Lubin School of Business, Pace University): As an 'ally' (cishet female), I hope that this event will provide an opportunity for us to learn about LGBTQIA+ experiences within the INFORMS community and understand the different kinds of allyship. I hope that we will be able to build a network of allies who understand how to support LGBTQIA+ students, and colleagues and work actively towards that goal.

------------------------------
    Pritha Dutta
    Assistant Professor
    Management and Management Science
    Lubin School of Business
    Pace University
    New York NY
    ------------------------------