INFORMS Open Forum

• 1.  IMAMAN (OUP) Issue 1 2024: Open access issue including new "Insights from Thought Leaders"

Posted 01-06-2024 08:54
    Edited by Aris Syntetos 01-07-2024 04:52
    Dear colleagues
    Happy New Year! I wish all the best for you and all your loved ones for 2024. 
    I want to bring to your attention issue 1 of 2024 of IMAMAN (IMA Journal of Management Mathematics), which was published just before Christmas. I encourage you to have a look!
    Notably, this issue sees the introduction of the Insights from Thought Leaders initiative. The first such article is an invited editorial by Sridhar Tayur of Carnegie Mellon entitled, "The Audacity of BOPE".
    All papers are either open access or have been made available for free to read by Oxford University Press (OUP). I hope you enjoy engaging with our journal.
    Please do get in touch if you have any queries and, of course, we look forward to receiving your submissions!
    Once again, Happy New Year and all the best for 2024.
    Aris

Aris A. Syntetos, FIMA

Distinguished Research Professor, DSV Chair

Editor-in-Chief: IMAMAN, OUP 

Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University

------------------------------
    Aris Syntetos FIMA
    Professor, Chair
    Cardiff University
    Cardiff UK

• 2.  RE: IMAMAN (OUP) Issue 1 2024: Open access issue including new "Insights from Thought Leaders"

Posted 01-07-2024 02:43
    Edited by Jayant Singh 01-07-2024 02:43

Hello,

Thanks for sharing the details for this journal. I was wondering, do we have open access to only this particular issue. Because I was trying to access this article from last year,https://academic.oup.com/imaman/article-abstract/34/1/1/6527754?redirectedFrom=fulltext&login=true#no-access-message

And I am being asked to make a payment to access this article from February 2022.
    Can you kindly advise? thanks

Jayant Singh
    Analyst
    San Leandro CA

• 3.  RE: IMAMAN (OUP) Issue 1 2024: Open access issue including new "Insights from Thought Leaders"

Posted 01-07-2024 05:26

Hi Jayant

Thanks for your email. I am afraid the paper you are interested in is not available open access.

The journal isn't open access. In this particular issue, either the authors / their Institutions purchased the open access or OUP made the remainder of the articles available for free to read. But otherwise the journal operates like any other non open access journal.

But very happy to share with you privately the article of interest. All the best,

Aris 

[Aris] [Syntetos] [FIMA]
    [Professor, Chair]
    [Cardiff University]
    [Cardiff] [UK]