INFORMS Open Forum

• 1.  Fun Post - Pizza Party Day!

Posted 05-19-2022 15:50
    May 20th is Pizza Party Day! Who knew? What are your favorite pizza toppings? Are you a fan of the basic pepperoni pizza or do you like something a little more adventurous, like pineapple? What will you be ordering on your pizza tonight?
    Everyone who responds to this thread by end of day, Thursday, May 26th, will be entered into a drawing to win a Starbucks gift card! If you have a photo on your profile, you get a bonus entry in the drawing. So make sure to post a photo if you haven't already!

------------------------------
    Jill Capello
    Membership Associate
    INFORMS
    Catonsville MD
    jcapello@informs.org

• 2.  RE: Fun Post - Pizza Party Day!

Posted 05-20-2022 08:43
    We are a pizza loving family. In the summer we grill our pizza! If you haven't tried it, you are missing out. Since today is going to be HOT, I think we will just order out. Pepperoni is the topping we can all agree on in this house.

Beth West
    Community Relations Coordinator

• 3.  RE: Fun Post - Pizza Party Day!

Posted 05-20-2022 09:42
    Love this topic! Mine secret ingredient for Pizza is pineapple, roasted garlic (the best), and mushrooms! 
    I'm not a big fan on pepperoni unless it's cooked a little burnt and crispy. 

I had a Beijing Roasted Duck Pizza when I was in China. It was weird at first but once you accept the idea of eastern and western flavor combination, it tasted great!

Xiaonan Shang
    Data Analyst
    University of Tulsa
    Jenks OK

• 4.  RE: Fun Post - Pizza Party Day!

Posted 05-23-2022 11:23
    I recently tried spicy honey drizzled on pepperoni pizza and it was a revelation!

Tracy Cahall
    Member Engagement Manager
    INFORMS
    Catonsville MD

• 5.  RE: Fun Post - Pizza Party Day!

Posted 05-24-2022 08:37
    That sounds delicious, Tracy! My husband and I like to create a white pizza with ricotta, prosciutto, spinach and artichokes *chef's kiss*

Kara Tucker
    Editor, OR/MS Today
    INFORMS
    Catonsville MD

• 6.  RE: Fun Post - Pizza Party Day!

Posted 05-25-2022 09:15
    Pizza is one of my favorite foods. I like almost anything on it except anchovies! Our go-to is from our local pizza shop and it's a Greek pizza. It has all the ingredients of a gyro but on a pizza (feta cheese, tomatoes, black olives, onions, beef/lamb, and pepperoncini). 

Thanks, Jill for such a fun topic. Great idea!

Machelle Zellers
    Peer Review Administrator
    INFORMS
    Catonsville, MD

• 7.  RE: Fun Post - Pizza Party Day!

Posted 05-25-2022 01:11
    I prefer my pizza to be veggie. Try eggplant as a topping and once it is out of the oven put avocado slices on it :)

Banafsheh Behzad
    Associate Professor
    College of Business
    California State University, Long Beach

• 8.  RE: Fun Post - Pizza Party Day!

Posted 05-26-2022 21:18
    My all-time favorite pizza is Brier Hill.  It's just crust, tomato sauce, green peppers, and romano cheese.

Brier Hill style pizza is a local legend in Youngstown, Ohio, where I grew up.  The pizza is named after the steel mill neighborhood where many Italian immigrants lived.  Here's a fun blog post if you want to learn more about what I think is the best pizza ever:  https://bobonbooks.com/2015/07/11/growing-up-in-working-class-youngstown-brier-hill-pizza/

Natalie Scala
    Associate Professor and Graduate Program Director
    Towson University
    Towson MD