INFORMS Open Forum

• 1.  Do you prefer 1995 or 2023?

Posted 12-07-2022 16:42

Hello INFORMS Member,

Well, we are at the end of 2022 and INFORMS sent you something in the mail to move us forward to 2023 and beyond! Yes, we sent you something by snail mail. Why? Because we need you to respond. Yes, YOU. If enough members don't respond, we will have to keep using snail mail for constitutional amendments. Please do your part today so we can move to the future!

You have received, or will shortly receive, a printed ballot in the mail. The ballot contains your name and member number.  All you have to do is to vote and mail the ballot back in the enclosed postage paid envelope. To learn more, please visit www.informs.org/amendment. (If you don't want to wait until you receive your ballot, you can print one from this website.) 

Watch this new video featuring Shelly the Snail that will, hopefully, encourage you to vote https://youtu.be/v6SNLpZDQ_w).    

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Best regards,  

Radhika 

Radhika Kulkarni  
    2022 INFORMS President  

rvk9@cornell.edu  

P.S. My apologies for sending so many communications but it is imperative that our members vote. If we don't receive enough returned ballots, our money and efforts will be wasted. 

------------------------------
    Radhika Kulkarni
    Vice President, Advanced Analytics R&D (retd.)
    SAS Institute Inc. (retired)
    Durham NC

• 2.  RE: Do you prefer 1995 or 2023?

Posted 12-12-2022 11:21
    Hello,
    I'm responding so more members see this. If you are a member, please vote. We need 2,400 members to vote and we currently have fewer than 1,000. 
    You should have received a ballot in the mail, please respond today. Please. Or if you haven't received the mailed ballot yet, please go ahead and print the ballot at www.INFORMS.org/amendment.

You can make a difference, so please vote today. 
    Elena

Elena Gerstmann
    Executive Director
    INFORMS
    egerstmann@gmail.com