INFORMS Open Forum

Call for Nominations 2024 INFORMS Simulation Society's Early Career Award

• 1.  Call for Nominations 2024 INFORMS Simulation Society's Early Career Award

Posted 04-05-2024 08:42

Call for Nominations

2024 INFORMS Simulation Society's

Early Career Award

The Early Career Award (ECA), established by the INFORMS Simulation Society (I-Sim,  http://connect.informs.org/simulation/home) recognizes early-career researchers for their outstanding contributions to the field of computer simulation. Contributions may include, but are not limited to, papers (published or accepted for publication), books, monographs, software, and service contributions that have advanced the field. They must feature original ideas and methods and indicate a clear trajectory to generate a significant impact in the field.

The award is given every two years to at most two persons at a time. Candidates can be nominated more than once in different years, but can receive the award only once. Candidates must be members of I-Sim at the time of their nomination and must have received their first PhD or equivalent degree within the 9 previous years from the awarding year. For the 2024 award, this means in 2015 or after. If given, the award will be presented at the Winter Simulation Conference on December 15-18, 2024, in Orlando, Florida: http://www.wintersim.org 

Nominations for the 2024 award can be made by any member of I-Sim and should be sent by email by September 1, 2024 to the Early Career Award Committee Chair: Pierre L'Ecuyer, Université de Montréal, lecuyer@iro.umontreal.ca. Nominations may not be made anonymously. A nomination package must contain two .pdf file attachments: (1) a two-page (maximum) letter of support that details the contributions for which the nominee is believed to deserve this award and (2) a complete up-to-date curriculum vitae of the nominee. The nominator has the responsibility for justifying why the nominee should receive this award.

The other committee members are Shane G. Henderson (Cornell University) and John W. Fowler (Arizona State University).

------------------------------
    Jie Xu
    Department of Systems Engineering and Operations Research
    George Mason University
    Fairfax VA
    ------------------------------