We are happy to inform you that Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad is hosting the 9th Informs Transportation Science and Logistics Society Workshop from 13th to 15th December 2021. The workshop will be delivered in a virtual mode. The theme for the Workshop is "E-Commerce in an Emerging World".
E-commerce has revolutionized retail. It has evolved to meet the changing needs of people, and to make online shopping easier for the modern-day customer. When it started, e-commerce was fairly limited in its product offerings and capabilities. But today, e-commerce retail offers a wide assortment of products and orders are often delivered to the customers on the same day. However, in emerging economies, e-commerce providers face several challenges particularly related to logistics and transportation such as shortage of high-quality warehousing infrastructure, missed deliveries, high usage of cash on delivery services resulting in restrictive delivery schedules, limited transport infrastructure, high packaging costs, and lack of standardized postal addresses. These challenges lead to the high cost to fulfil customer orders. E-commerce companies are developing capabilities to overcome these challenges using real-time data, algorithms, OR solutions, policy, and technology interventions.
In this context, we invite contributions on the following themes.
- Last-mile Logistics
- Sharing Economy in Last-mile Delivery
- Design of Omnichannel Distribution Models
- Urban Distribution Systems
- Logistics 4.0 (IoTs, autonomous vehicles, drones)
- Dynamic Delivery Pricing, Dynamic Delivery Systems, and Crowdshipping
- Efficient and scalable Sortation and Package Handling
- Integration of Public and Freight Transportation
- Manpower Planning and Productivity
- Transportation Scheduling
- Network Topology and Hub Location Planning
- Real-time Planning and Orchestration of Shipments
Workshop details can be found here: https://conference.iima.ac.in/tsl2021/
Abstract can be submitted here: https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=tsl2021iima
Abstracts of max 1000 words should be submitted by 15th Aug 2021. Selection of papers for presentation will be based on the submitted abstracts. Abstracts must include a clear indication of the purpose of research, methodology, major results, implications, and key references.
We look forward to virtually seeing you in December 2021.