Service Science Best Paper Award
The Section introduced this award in 2013 to celebrate the best research published in the Section's sponsored journal Service Science. T
Prior award winners include:
- 2014 (Sponsored by Service Science Section)
- First Place:
Breidbach, C.F., Smith, P., & Callagher, L.J. (2013). Advancing
innovation in professional service firms: Insights from the service
dominant logic. Service Science 5(3):263-275.
- Honorable Mention: Rolland, E., Pattern, R., Messinger, P.R., Ward, K., & Finn, A. (2013). Dual roles for service evaluation. Service Science, 5(4), 279-295.
- Honorable Mention: Lyoob, I., Zarifoglu, E., & Decker, A.B., (2013). Cloud computing operations research. Service Science 5(2):88-101.
- 2013 (Sponsored by Mays Business School, Texas A&M University)
- First Place: Qiu, R. G. (2009). Computational thinking of service systems: Dynamics and adaptiveness modeling. Service Science, 1(1), 42-55.
- Honorable Mention: Barile,
S. & Polese, F. (2010). Smart service systems and viable service
systems: Applying systems theory to service science. Service Science 2(1-2):21-40.
- Honorable Mention:
Ehret, M. & Wirtz, J. (2010). Division of labor between firms:
Business services, non-ownership-value and the rise of the service
economy. Service Science 2(3):136-155.
- Honorable Mention: Vargo, S. L. & Akaka, M. (2009). Service dominant logic as a foundation for Service Science: Clarifications. Service Science 1(1):32-41.