How the Matching Process Works for Volunteers
After you sign up and become one of our over 800 volunteers, you’ll be notified of new volunteer opportunities by email; you can also check the Volunteer Opportunities page to see current and new requests at any time.
If you think there’s a good match between a particular project and your interests and skills. In addition, you may be concerned that you don’t have the time or background to do the entire project on your own. The following process enables you to learn more about the organization and project, determine if there’s a good fit, and decide if you wish to submit a proposal.
If you are interested in a particular project that is soliciting volunteer submission:
- Before the stated project deadline, email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your preliminary interest and provide your resume or CV and a summary of your experience and areas of expertise - particularly as they may relate to the specific project. Let us know if you are open to being matched with other volunteers to create a project team.
- We will forward all submitted resumes by interested volunteers to the nonprofit after the deadline, and they will make the selection for which candidates they would like to interview.
- If selected, we’ll set up a call between you, the Pro Bono Analytics Committee member who was the initial contact with the nonprofit, and the organization staff. The call will help give you a better understanding the nonprofit’s goals and better define the problem and project. You may decide to drop out after that call or continue. If you were not selected for an interview call, you will be notified via email.
- After conducting all of the interview calls - the nonprofit selects the volunteer(s) they would like to work with.
- The nonprofit organization and the volunteer(s) sign an Engagement Confirmation agreement outlining the formal steps, timeline, and deliverable's of the project.
- The project is ready to launch, with you and the organization working directly. Pro Bono Analytics steps back from direct involvement, but we maintain contact with you and the organization to check on progress and serve as a resource.
- As a final step upon project completion, we ask the volunteer(s) and the organization to provide feedback on your experience.
Have a project in mind?
Is there a nonprofit organization in your community that could benefit from Pro Bono Analytics?
We serve a variety of nonprofit organizations in a variety of fields - we'd love to help out one near you!
Please send an email to email@example.com with:
Our team and committee will take care of the rest!
- Your contact information
- The name and contact information of the nonprofit (if applicable)
- A brief description of the project