Use your talent and training to
give back to the community.
Analytics professionals like you have helped corporations transform data into insight for making better decisions, saving costs and enhancing revenue. Now here’s your chance to give back by bringing those same skills to the nonprofit world. We invite you to work in partnership with organizations that assist underserved communities, alleviate social injustice, protect the environment, and serve a host of other worthwhile missions.
INFORMS members and nonmembers alike are welcome to volunteer.
Our volunteers are working
on projects like these:
- Providing analytics coaching to a homeless shelter for women and children, enabling the organization to better understand and utilize the data they collect.
- Designing a survey tool that helps a social action nonprofit assess how well they are meeting the needs of villagers in Haiti, Guatemala, and Nicaragua.
- Advising a family service agency on how to standardize data collection and better coordinate care across a range of programs.
- Helping an association of music therapy professionals make a critical decision on whether to change certification requirements.
You Benefit Too!
Wherever you are in your career, you’ll find many benefits in volunteering your time and talent through Pro Bono Analytics. You will:
- Make a contribution and a difference to underserved communities
- Expand the depth and breadth of your CV
- Interact with people who are passionate about the work of their organizations and appreciative of the contributions you bring
- Be exposed to new analytics problems, different from what you may have encountered in your education and work
- Demonstrate your soft skills in facilitation and communication
- Take a project through the full cycle of problem definition to solution
- Continue to apply your skills usefully in society, even after retirement
- Raise the profile of analytics in this important sector
Have a project in mind?
Is there a nonprofit organization in your community that could benefit from Pro Bono Analytics?
We serve a variety of nonprofit organizations in a variety of fields - we'd love to help out one near you!
Please send an email to email@example.com with:
Our team and committee will take care of the rest!
- Your contact information
- The name and contact information of the nonprofit (if applicable)
- A brief description of the project