Milgard Endowed Professor of Service Innovation & Business Analytics, and a Founder & Director of Master of Science & Center for Business Analytics at Milgard School of Business, University of Washington Tacoma
Haluk is an innovation and analytics evangelist, maestro, data gig, recognized leader, experienced practitioner, awarded consultant, accomplished scholar, active applied researcher, cross-disciplinary teacher, effective mentor, invited speaker, productive author and professional student. His achievements brought him a global leadership and reputation in analytics, service innovation and digital transformation with cognitive computing, and service-oriented technology and management. He has almost 20 years professional experience advising more than 40 Fortune 500 companies like IBM, GE, Cisco, HP, Intel, American Express and others in maximizing the return on companies’ resources by effectively implementing strategic data, analytics, cognitive and service transformation solutions. In 2014, he was ranked 5th in Top-100 World-wide Researchers by the Association for Information Systems sanctioned rankings. He also received four IBM Faculty Research Awards as a result of his analytics and cognitive business models research. He received a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Istanbul Technical University, a M.E. and P.E. in Industrial and Systems Engineering and a Ph.D. in Information Systems and Operations Management from the University of Florida.
Currently he is:
• Serving as Co-Founder & Board of Director of International Society of Service Innovation Professionals, a non-profit organization co-founded by IBM, Cisco & HP to promote human-centered “smart” services for value & outcome.
• Serving as a board member for;
o Sound Credit Union Bank
o Teradata University Network
o The Global Text Project
• Serving as an editor for IEEE IT Professional and Decision
Support Systems journals
• Serving as a Track Chair, Analytics, Mobile & Service Science @ Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences
• Serving as a Co-founder & Editor of a book series “Service Systems and Innovations in Business & Society” @ Business Expert Press