Special Issue on Network Optimization in Transportation, Logistics, and Industry (Part 2)
We are pleased to publish a second issue of Networks devoted to optimization methodologies and applications arising from transportation, logistics, and industrial contexts.
The five papers in this special issue address the following problems:
• express pickup and delivery using a fleet of heterogenous vehicles,
• the location of depots and routing of vehicles that need not return to a depot,
• the assignment of containers to depots as well as pallets to delivery vehicles,
• robust shortest paths in which arc costs are given by a discrete set of scenarios,
• bilateral trade between a buyer and a seller through an intermediary.
We trust that the readership of INFORMS will find these contributions to be of interest.
The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
phone 1 443-757-3500
phone 2 800-4INFORMS (800-446-3676)