Best Paper of the Service Science Section Cluster
award is a competitive award, started in 2013, which is based on the
best papers submitted to the Section's cluster of sponsored research
Science members nominate papers in their cluster session for
consideration. The award committee then invites finalists to present
their work in a Best Paper Award Competition session, and a panel of
distinguished service scholars determines the rank ordering of winners.
Winners are announced at the Service Science Section business meeting.
need to be a Service Science Section member (before the Annual Meeting)
to be considered for this award. Thus, nominated authors must register
as a Service Science Section member and send the paper that the
presentation is based on to the Service Science Cluster Chair.
Prior award winners include:
- 2014 (Sponsored by National Taiwan University)
- First Place: Christos Zacharias, Michael Pinedo, "Managing Arrivals in Service Systems with Multiple Servers"
- Runner Up: Ming-Hui Huang, Chekitan Dev, "Growing the Service Brand"
- Runner Up: Roland Rust, Tuck Siong Chung, Michel Wedel, "Adaptive Mobile News Personalization Using Social Networks"
- Runner Up: Mahyar Movahed Nejad, Daniel Grosu, Lena Mashayekhy, "Truthful Mechanisms for Resource Allocation and Pricing in Clouds"
- 2013 (Sponsored by National Taiwan University)
- First Place: Guillaume Roels, “A Service Classification Framework Based on Joint Production”
- Runner Up: M. Ali Ulku, Lynn C. Dailey, Muge H. Yayla-Kullu, “At Your Service?: Consumer’s Return Behavior and Retailer’s Profitability”
- Runner Up: Ivanka
Kastalli, Bart Van Looy, “Servitization: Disentangling the Impact of
Service Business Model Innovation on Manufacturing Firm Performance”