The RM&P Section Practice Award recognizes outstanding applications of revenue management and pricing techniques. Initial submissions are due by April 28, 2017. The final competition for the award will take place live during a special session of the INFORMS Revenue Management and Pricing Conference to be held at Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI), Amsterdam, The Netherlands, June 29-30, 2017. The winner will be announced during a prize ceremony at the conference.
The 1st-prize winner and finalists will be selected based on their impact, originality and innovation, and technical merit.
- April 28, 2017: Initial submissions are due by email to Robert Phillips at email@example.com. The initial submission should include a 3-6 page description that summarizes the problem, the solution approach, and the results and impact. The document should describe how the work is innovative and should provide evidence of the work’s impact. The submission may include other materials, such as papers and other publications, letters, press releases, etc.
- May 19, 2017: Finalists are notified.
- June 19, 2017: Finalist presentations are due. Each finalist should submit the presentation that they will deliver at the RM&P conference by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The presentation slides may be accompanied by supporting material, such as notes on each slide, video material, etc.
- June 29-30, 2017: Finalist presentations, winner selection, and award ceremony at the INFORMS RM&P Conference.
- Robert Phillips, Columbia University (chair)
- Sharon Hormby, Marriott International
- Pelin Pekgun, University of South Carolina
Anyone may submit except members of the prize committee. Any revenue management and pricing work from any industry, completed within the past 3 years, is eligible. Questions about the application procedure should be sent to email@example.com.
The table below summarizes the affiliations of the past winners, and the title of the submissions. By clicking on the corresponding link, you can access information about the statement of the prize committee, and the documentation submitted by the awardee. This documentation could serve as guidelines for future submissions.
SUBMISSION PACKAGES FROM PAST WINNERS
We include below the submission packages of recent winners. These packages could serve as guidelines for future submissions.