How the Matching Process Works for Volunteers
Nonprofit organizations submit their project proposals using a Volunteer Request Form. After you sign up as a volunteer, you’ll be notified of new requests by email; you can also check the Volunteer Opportunities page to see current and new requests at any time.
We know it may be difficult to understand from the Volunteer Request Forms if there’s a good match between a particular project and your interests and skills. In addition, you may be concerned that you don’t have the time or background to do the entire project on your own. The following process enables you to learn more about the organization and project, determine if there’s a good fit, and decide if you wish to submit a proposal.
If you are interested in a particular project:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your preliminary interest, and provide your resume or CV and a summary of your experience and areas of expertise, particularly as they may relate to the specific project. Let us know if you’d like us to match you with other volunteers to create a project team.
- We’ll set up a call between you, the Pro Bono Analytics Committee member who was the initial contact with the nonprofit, and the organization staff. The Committee member will have already conducted a “scoping” call to understand the nonprofit’s goals and help them better define the problem and project. You may decide to drop out after that call or continue.
- We will forward all submitted proposals by interested volunteers to the nonprofit, and they will make the final selection.
- We then ask the nonprofit organization and the volunteer(s) to sign an Engagement Confirmation agreement.
- After signing, the project is ready to launch, with you and the organization working directly. Pro Bono Analytics steps back from direct involvement, but we maintain contact with you and the organization to check on progress and to serve as a sounding board.
- As a final step, we ask the volunteer(s) and the organization to provide feedback on your experience.