ISS is pleased to announce the creation of the Management Science Best Paper Award. The award is given to the paper published in Management Science in the previous three years that is deemed most deserving for its contribution to the theory and practice of information systems.
2015 Finalists and Winner
- Winner: Mingfeng Lin, Nagpurnanand R. Prabhala, and Siva Viswanathan. Judging Borrowers by the Company They Keep: Friendship Networks and Information Asymmetry in Online Peer-to-Peer Lending. Management Science 2013 59(1) , 17-35.
- Prasanna Tambe and Lorin M. Hitt. Job Hopping, Information Technology Spillovers, and Productivity Growth. Management Science 2014 60(2), 338-355.
- Robert Seamans and Feng Zhu. Responses to Entry in Multi-Sided Markets: The Impact of Craigslist on Local Newspapers. Management Science 2014 60(2), 476-493.
2014 Finalists and Winner
- Tambe, Hitt, 2012(4), Now IT's Personal: Offshoring and the Shifting Skill Composition of the U.S. Information Technology Workforce
- August, Tunca, 2011(5), Who Should Be Responsible for Software Security? A Comparative Analysis of Liability Policies in Network Environments
- Winner: Archak, Ghose, Ipeirotis, 2011(8), Deriving the Pricing Power of Product Features by Mining Consumer Reviews
2013 Finalists and Winner
- Aral, Walker, 2011(9), Creating Social Contagion Through Viral Product Design: A Randomized Trial of Peer Influence in Networks
- Winner: Brynjolfsson, Hu, Simester, 2011(8), Goodbye Pareto Principle, Hello Long Tail: The Effect of Search Costs on the Concentration of Product Sales
- Oestreicher-Singer, Sundararajan, 2012(11), The Visible Hand? Demand Effects of Recommendation Networks in Electronic Markets