Conference Theme: Simulation for a Noble Cause!WSC 2018 focus is on highlighting the use of simulation for noble causes!
Simulation has been found useful for a range of scientific, engineering and business applications as evident by the papers presented at Winter Simulation Conferences over the past 50 years. Simulation has been employed to help noble causes too over the recent past but such efforts have received limited attention. The 2018 conference seeks to highlight applications of simulation for noble causes in addition to continuing to report leading developments and applications in other fields. We especially invite papers describing uses of simulation in efforts analyzing and addressing issues facing humanity including, but not limited to, reducing poverty and world hunger, social causes, social problems, improving natural environment, and disaster response.
WSC2018 KEYNOTE ADDRESS: The potential of simulation for disrupting modern slavery systems ─ Dr. Jean Baderschneider, CEO and Founding Board Member, Global Fund to End Modern Slavery
"TITANS OF SIMULATION" TALKSCreating a Real Impression: Visual Statistical Analysis ─ Russell Cheng, Emeritus Professor, University of Southampton
Simulation at Uber ─ Peter Frazier, Associate Professor, Cornell University, and, Staff Data Scientist and Data Science Manager at Uber
PROGRAM WSC 2018 features a comprehensive program ranging from introductory tutorials to state-of-the-art research and practice. Planned tracks are:- Advanced Tutorials - Agent-Based Simulation
- Analysis Methodology - Aviation Modeling and Analysis
- Case Studies - Complex, Intelligent, Adaptive & Autonomous Systems
- Cyber-Physical Systems - Environment & Sustainability Applications
- Gaming - Healthcare Applications
- Homeland Security & Emergency Response - Hybrid Simulation
- Introductory Tutorials - Logistics, SCM, Transportation
- Manufacturing Applications - Modeling and Analysis of Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Modeling Methodology - Military Applications
- Project Management & Construction - Networks & Communication
- Simulation Education - Simulation Optimization
- Simulation for a Noble Cause - Simulation Standards and Reproducibility
- PhD Colloquium - Poster Sessions
- Vendor Tutorials
PAPER DEADLINES AND REQUIREMENTS
All contributed paper submissions will be peer reviewed. Accepted papers will be published in the digital version of the conference proceedings. All papers must be presented for the paper to be fully published, copyrighted and disseminated. Instructions, information, submission forms and procedures are available on the WSC website.Each accepted paper must have a unique registration and a corresponding presentation at the conference by one of the paper's authors. Board approval is required if any single registration is attached to more than one paper.
Contributed Paper Deadlines
Poster Session or Ph.D. Colloquium (One or the other, submission to both Poster Session and the PhD Colloquium is not allowed for 2018)
WSC 2018 is sponsored by ACM/SIGSIM, ASA (Technical Co-Sponsor), ASIM (Technical Co-Sponsor), IEEE/SMC (Technical Co-Sponsor), IIE, INFORMS-SIM, NIST (Technical Co-Sponsor) and SCS.
The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
phone 1 443-757-3500
phone 2 800-4INFORMS (800-446-3676)